Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forever is A Long Long Time (Ray plays Duke Nukem Forever Demo)*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Forever is A Long Long Time (Ray plays Duke Nukem Forever Demo)*

The hell? I'm being productive? Yeah, I know, right.

Some things to note:

-You actually can stomp enemies when using the shrink ray, I just wasn't causing it to trigger. Look down and run at them to pull it off.

-There are beer cans which function as temporary armor. There's ONE in the demo near that truck in the canyon. I walked right past it without noticing it was there.

So yeah, I have a feeling this game is going to be a serious disappointment for a lot of people and to brace for an inevitable "it's overrated" shitstorm. But hey, if you're looking for a fairly lighthearted and humorous FPS instead of the standard space marine/WWII soldier fare it could be exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't help but think that strafing to your death over the edge of a cliff whilst admiring the openness of the level design is a very Ivolt-esque thing to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Some things to note:

-You actually can stomp enemies when using the shrink ray, I just wasn't causing it to trigger. Look down and run at them to pull it off.

-There are beer cans which function as temporary armor. There's ONE in the demo near that truck in the canyon. I walked right past it without noticing it was there.

So yeah, I have a feeling this game is going to be a serious disappointment for a lot of people and to brace for an inevitable "it's overrated" shitstorm. But hey, if you're looking for a fairly lighthearted and humorous FPS instead of the standard space marine/WWII soldier fare it could be exactly what you're looking for.
    Here's some things I found on my PC Version that I noticed you have not spotted

* There is a Holo duke near the beer can its in the back of the broken truck
    * There's 2 Different Cheerleader Pictures in the room with the whiteboard
    * You can use the Water fountains too like you did in Duke 3D (Drink From) in the First corridor
    * You can punch the EDF Guys
    * The Video boards in the stadium actually video what you see (4 total 2 at each goal)
    * You can look around the stadium after pulling the tubes out, and come back to kicking the eye
    * The Duke Burger is HUGE (Advertisement in the stadium)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    I can't help but think that strafing to your death over the edge of a cliff whilst admiring the openness of the level design is a very Ivolt-esque thing to do.
    It's funny because it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Here's some things I found on my PC Version that I noticed you have not spotted

* There is a Holo duke near the beer can its in the back of the broken truck
    * There's 2 Different Cheerleader Pictures in the room with the whiteboard
    * You can use the Water fountains too like you did in Duke 3D (Drink From) in the First corridor
    * You can punch the EDF Guys
    * The Video boards in the stadium actually video what you see (4 total 2 at each goal)
    * You can look around the stadium after pulling the tubes out, and come back to kicking the eye
    * The Duke Burger is HUGE (Advertisement in the stadium)
    No wonder I got my ass so horribly shot up in the section immediately following the truck. I missed TWO items that made it easier.

I poked around in the demo a bit more afterwards. I was kind of saddened I couldn't get up into the stands (invisible walls) or shoot down the blimp (stupid invincible blimp).

But the water fountain was a indeed nice touch. I didn't notice that duke burger ad though. I probably walked right past it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is this the demo you only get with Borderlands GOTY or some shit like that? Oh well. I might've recorded my run, but I doubt it's necessary, seeing how there's probably little to no differences between console and PC versions.

In any case, I've yet to watch the full vid, but I listened to your closing comments and it's pretty much what I expected. Honestly, I never really bought into the hype, so I'm not entirely surprised that it's only "good/okay" and not "best ever!!1one".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Is this the demo you only get with Borderlands GOTY or some shit like that? Oh well. I might've recorded my run, but I doubt it's necessary, seeing how there's probably little to no differences between console and PC versions.

In any case, I've yet to watch the full vid, but I listened to your closing comments and it's pretty much what I expected. Honestly, I never really bought into the hype, so I'm not entirely surprised that it's only "good/okay" and not "best ever!!1one".
    Ya it is

I May record me playing it too... see ray is starting a trend here

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    No wonder I got my ass so horribly shot up in the section immediately following the truck. I missed TWO items that made it easier.

I poked around in the demo a bit more afterwards. I was kind of saddened I couldn't get up into the stands (invisible walls) or shoot down the blimp (stupid invincible blimp).

But the water fountain was a indeed nice touch. I didn't notice that duke burger ad though. I probably walked right past it.
    I may try and see if i can open the levels in the Unreal Development Kit and have a poke around
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 4th-June-2011 at 15:02.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post

That's how I got my hands on it.

Yeah, it's about as good as one would expect. It's a fun little shooter with some nice little touches here and there, but it's not much more than that from what I'm seeing here. My single biggest complaint is that it's like DN3D in the bad ways and unlike DN3D in the good ways. But considering how much bullshit/developer changes this game has gone through, I actually expected it to be worse than it ended up being.

Thanks

Looks pretty good!

Thanks
    EP Points

you can add 53 minute video now?
    wow... I havent been to YouTube in ages

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screwed View Post
    Need some kind of special status or something to do that.. Sure wish I had it, I'd love to use Youtube to host my replays.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can also upload hour-long videos, though I'm not sure why. I'm guessing that status is probably given to accounts that are relatively active and already have a bunch of videos uploaded, and I did have lots of LP vids around the time my account was upgraded.

Thanks

One sure-fire way to get longer uploads is to become a Youtube partner.. The other way is sort of random. I'm not clear on the details at all, but yea.. They seem to upgrade accounts after some unknown requirements are met. I'd personally love to have my account upgraded, but I don't really have anything worth uploading in 15 minute segments. (Which as such, creates a kind of vicious cycle, wherein if I don't upload anything I can't get an account upgrade. )

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't have a YouTube account, but I was under the impression that the upgrade to 30 minute videos was based on how long you'd been signed up. It would seem that a Google search doesn't agree with that impression, and you're right about the random factor. I wasn't aware that there were 50+ minute videos until I had a bit of time to watch this and the inFAMOUS 2 demo.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by screwed View Post
    The limits now are something like 5-10 hours or something.

It's kind of crazy.

But it means I don't have to pay much attention to time for anything besides possibly creating a video that's too long to watch.

I don't have a YouTube account, but I was under the impression that the upgrade to 30 minute videos was based on how long you'd been signed up. It would seem that a Google search doesn't agree with that impression, and you're right about the random factor. I wasn't aware that there were 50+ minute videos until I had a bit of time to watch this and the inFAMOUS 2 demo.
    They gave out an upgrade to anyone with a director's account (which was just a different status you can set for your account) which let you go up to ~30 minutes (this was back when the standard userbase was stuck at 10 minutes). Anyone who had the ability kept it after they stopped doing that. As for the current state, beats me. Even my personal account can go to the higher limits, and it had maybe 20-30 videos when I received the upgrade.

Thanks

Yeah, my account is technically pretty darned old but still sitting on the 15 minute limit. I dunno what's required to break the cap, I've heard that having been a signed up a long time and having at least 10 videos uploaded can usually get you the upgraded status.. But I don't know how true that is, or if there aren't more requirements to it than that. (Such as a particular number of views to said videos, etc..) I'd assume it's not completely random or selective, and that there's some kind of automated system that just upgrades you when you've met the right conditions, but it's kinda weird that no one I've met seems to know exactly what those conditions are.