Thread: Reclaiming our lost Sky (Or: Ray Plays Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)[Abandoned]*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Reclaiming our lost Sky (Or: Ray Plays Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)[Abandoned]*

That's right, I'm doing another one. This time around, I shall be playing through BoFDQ.

Intro Cutscenes and Stuff:

Index:

Prologue: Ryu 1/8196 The Ranger Grunt
    Chapter 1: Friend or Foe?
    Chapter 2: The Long Road Home
    Last edited by Raype; 26th-January-2011 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ah Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. You have such a wonderfully long name and manage to be one of the most fanbase dividing games in existence. I both love and hate certain aspects of you. But I am quite happy to have played you.

So yes, if you haven't seen that poll thread, read the title of this one, or figured it out by now my next project here will be BoFDQ. It's...unusual for the series to say the least. Since this is my first time doing a full-on RPG LP (the closest I came so far is the godawful Spike McFang LP) don't be surprised if I end up messing about with the format to figure out the best course of action for doing this. Hopefully I manage to find something that makes it both watchable and is easy to do. As always, recommendations and/or comments are welcome.

As far as the technicalities of this LP goes, this isn't going to be a blind run at all. I have completed this game a couple times in the past. However, since the dungeons are semi-randomly generated, luck plays a decent role in a few aspects of the game, and it's been about half a decade since I last touched this thing I've probably forgotten quite a deal, and my memories probably aren't the most useful. I will attempt playing through a few areas before doing a recorded run though.

I'll be using a completely fresh file (created on camera!) with no alterations made whatsoever. I'll also not be relying on SOL, resets, restarts, loops, duplication or anything else, hopefully. It's possibly I may get stuck and have to rely on a small amount of item creation via SOL, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. As far as SOL scenes, I'll probably record and upload at least a few at some point once I finish the main stretch of this LP. Mostly because they add A LOT to the story. D Ratio areas may or may not be shown at some point, and I intend to do the bonus dungeon once I SOL Restart in post game and do a second loop (which is where I plan to get the SOL scenes). Although that may depend on how well I set myself up for taking that on (Shit's FUCKING HARD.) If that sounds like jibberish, that's fine. I may explain what the fuck half that means once I'm searching for a topic while taking on a half hour genic killing session.

With that out of the way...

Two realizations in this batch:

One, I really need to prepare some topics beforehand and figure out a way to talk between cutscenes. I should also sleep more when attempting this sort of thing.

Two: I need to step away from the mic to breathe in.
    Last edited by Raype; 26th-January-2011 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The continued adventures of Ryu and Nina as they fight through a series of sewers.

And now, the REAL game begins. The game mechanics start to really come into play, and shit is about to get somewhat more unpleasant for me.
    Last edited by Raype; 26th-January-2011 at 20:41.

Thanks

Those videos sure dont load at all for me. Now if I click on it, bring up the properties, cut out the first half of the URL so it doesn't read "http://www.youtube.com/v/" before everything, they do indeed work.

Aside from that, I love this game, and not dying a horrible death by getting ganked in one of the first battles is almost against the spirit of it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobolicious View Post
    Those videos sure dont load at all for me. Now if I click on it, bring up the properties, cut out the first half of the URL so it doesn't read "http://www.youtube.com/v/" before everything, they do indeed work.

Aside from that, I love this game, and not dying a horrible death by getting ganked in one of the first battles is almost against the spirit of it!
    Yeah, someone saw fit to change the way EP handles youtube videos. So now a bunch of LP threads don't work. WONDERFUL!

Anyway;

Another dungeon and another boss fight down. And now comes the *fun* part! Fuck you Biocorp.