Thread: Oh hi new LP! (Gare plays The Room Tribute)*

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Oh hi new LP! (Gare plays The Room Tribute)*

Link to my Youtube channel.

YES. And if you don't know what The Room is, go take a look at the video description.

It's basically a point and click adventure game chronicling the events of the infamous movie - but don't think there won't be any unexpected surprises just because you're already familiar with the source material. There are actually quite a few new things thrown in there, including a brand new ending to the story. It gets... pretty wild.

The game itself is really short, obviously. Took me about an hour and a half to record it all. I still don't really feel like LPing longer games. If you want to play it yourself: click.

Part 1/3:

Part 2/3:

Part 3/3:

Alternate ending if you collect every spoon in the game:
    (for spoon locations, see this walkthrough)

Last edited by Gare; 29th-January-2011 at 12:44.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Haha, you're my favourite LPer. <3

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

^___________________^

Updated the original post with the rest of the vids, btw.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

*watches first video*

Well this is pretty good I guess. But aside from that "things I wish I could unsee" thing and Wiseau's ass it's not really all that gr-

*fight sequence*

BEST. EVER.

(Sidenote: Is it just me, or does this whole movie seem to somehow be an outlet for Tommy/Johnny to get back at his ex by creating a world where he's number one and she's some sort of super bitch? It REALLY bothered me. It probably doesn't help that it starts with him torso humping a decently attractive actress in between bouts of being a great father and a brilliant worker when he's not PETTING PUPPIES IN HIS SPARE TIME.)

Thanks
    EP Points

It gets crazier near the end, actually. You're right, though, without all the crazy shit that they added in, it would be a relatively boring game. Anyway, I ended up recording the alternate/bonus ending after all. It's in the first post.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true. Tommy gets dumped by some chick -> he makes The Room as some sort of a revenge.
    Last edited by Gare; 29th-January-2011 at 12:47.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    It gets crazier near the end, actually. You're right, though, without all the crazy shit that they added in, it would be a relatively boring game. Anyway, I ended up recording the alternate/bonus ending after all. It's in the first post.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true. Tommy gets dumped by some chick -> he makes The Room as some sort of a revenge.
    And that was EXACTLY how the movie should have ended. Of course, maybe it's just my desire to see everyone attached to this atrocity against the medium of film die horribly.

Thanks
    EP Points

What... the fuck?

Also, favorite part was when Mark caught the water bottle and Gare goes "What?!?"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Also, favorite part was when Mark caught the water bottle and Gare goes "What?!?"
    This, most definitely this.

I've never forced myself to sit and watch The Room in its entirety, but I like how I've read/seen enough highlights via EP and YouTube to know exactly what's going on in this game, without having to subject myself to the horrors of watching the film itself.