Thread: Demo Time: Ray attempts Catherine*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Demo Time: Ray attempts Catherine*

And now for something completely different. Not truly an LP, but still sort of similar. I've occasionally gotten the idea to knock out a quick recording or two where I quickly play through a demo just for the hell of it. And this seemed the perfect opportunity to stop my procrastination.

As for the game itself, it's been advertised as an incredibly adult dating sim slash tower climbing game with some paranormal goings on revolving around nightmares. If this vague plot sounds kind of like a certain PS2 RPG I'm fond of, you aren't imagining things. This is more or less the same pack of people that worked on the rather excellent PS2 Persona entries. So, how does it measure up?

Time to find out. In two flavors, no less.

One without commentary

And one where I quickly toss out some thoughts

Overall, the gameplay seems appropriately frantic if perhaps a little too unforgiving, and the art style managed to strike a proper chord with me. I should probably have not played it as tired as I did, and I could have attempted taking my time to follow more dialogue and get more out of what I'm seeing (about half the demo is talk). But hey, this way I'm getting my initial feelings.

Personally I'd still be picking the thing up, but it seems rather unrecommendable to anyone that was expecting something similar to their previous efforts or to anyone that happens to not enjoy a bit of unusualness to their games. As for how this will eventually do over there and how this'll affect any attempts to bring it over, we'll just have to wait and see.

As for the format of attempting to knock out a demo, this went rather smoothly and took very little time to do. I figure the results aren't especially horrible either. I had considered a game or two over the previous months and with how this went maybe I'll be less likely to avoid recording this stuff in the future.
    Last edited by Raype; 27th-January-2011 at 22:41.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There we go. My fuckup has been amended. And now I may stop.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good job.