Thread: Gare plays Missing, an awesome horror/adventure game!*

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Gare plays Missing, an awesome horror/adventure game!*

Guide an ex-cop in search of his missing wife and child in an old English inn through the mysteries in his way. Uses a point-and-click architecture recalling ICOM classsics such as Shadowgate. Source.

Okay, so I was looking for something horror themed to play for Halloween, but something that's also not too long. Because I'm lazy. So here it is: Missing, an indie horror/adventure game, which, despite its retro graphics, is one of the most disturbing games I've ever played. Without spoiling anything, I thought the ending was quite shocking, in an "Oh my fucking God..." kind of way.

Also, by short, I mean really short. You can pretty much complete this in one sitting. So yeah, not too many videos this time, but if you're even a little bit interested in disturbing, Silent Hill-ish horror titles, you'll love this. Well, granted you're a classy gentleman/lady with a good taste in games. I remember recommending the game to a few people (both in real life and here on EP), and they all liked it a lot. So you should too!

Table of contents:

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4 (Ending)

Day 1, Part 1:
    I meant to say desk, not table. Bah.

Day 1, Part 2:

Day 1, Part 3:

Day 1, Part 4:

Day 1, Part 5

Next time, I play through Day 2, and even more weird shit happens.
    Last edited by Gare; 23rd-December-2010 at 13:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Day 2 begins, and we start learning more and more about the inn and its mysteries. Also, expect some "holyshitwtf" things to happen at night. Just like last time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Day 3! The plot thickens. I guess.

Next time, it's the finale. Which is a rather grim one. Don't expect Hollywood endings.

Thanks
    EP Points

And the grand finale. Minor Death Note spoilers (don't ask) - I simply make a quick comment about Missing's ending slightly reminding me of Death Note's ending. That's all I say. But, y'know, if you have an active imagination... anyway, if this sort of thing bothers you, at least I gave a proper warning.

And even the video thumbnails are spoilerific, so:

Spoiler warning:

Also, and I mention this in the final video, but feel free to check out Fedora Spade, which is from the same developer as Missing. It's less horror, and more detective story/murder mystery, though. Kinda feels like a mixture of Snatcher and the Ace Attorney games.

Anyway, that's the end of my short and sweet "special Halloween LP" of Missing. Hope you enjoyed it.

Yes, it was actually a Halloween LP in October. Before it got lost in the rollback.

Thanks
    EP Points

Interesting game...wow.I definitely want to play this game myself.