Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I have every NES game.

On my hard drive.
    I got hopeful for a second, there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Will one of you guys buy me Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes please?

Also, why is Code Veronica X for the Gamecube so expensive? You can get the PS2 version for next to nothing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    It looks to me like the Angry Video Game Nerd has every NES game, you jealous?
    Just checked his game collection, and yeah... other than a couple of unlicensed releases, he has every game. But just the cartridges... I want them in the boxes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Just checked his game collection, and yeah... other than a couple of unlicensed releases, he has every game. But just the cartridges... I want them in the boxes.
    I'm going to try and get the less expensive N64 games I'm after boxed, when the difference is only a few quid it's pointless not to go without the box.

However, when the difference is £10+ then I'll go cart only.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm going to try and get the less expensive N64 games I'm after boxed, when the difference is only a few quid it's pointless not to go without the box.

However, when the difference is £10+ then I'll go cart only.
    If I were into collecting just to have the games and play them, this is what I would do. But I want everything in the box, because it's always been a dream of mine, and I love the instruction manuals and whatnot for NES games.

Also, just checked his collection again, and he kind of "cheated" to complete his collection. A couple of his games are PAL versions (like the PAL version of Stadium Events, which is somewhat easier to find than the US version). I'm going to get all of the US released ones, without substituting any PAL versions. Then I might pick up a Famicom and start picking up some of the JAP only releases.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 23rd-April-2011 at 22:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I were into collecting just to have the games and play them, this is what I would do. But I want everything in the box, because it's always been a dream of mine, and I love the instruction manuals and whatnot for NES games.

Also, just checked his collection again, and he kind of "cheated" to complete his collection. A bunch of his games are PAL versions (like the PAL version of Stadium Events, which is somewhat easier to find than the US version). I'm going to get all of the US released ones, without substituting any PAL versions. Then I might pick up a Famicom and start picking up some of the JAP only releases.
    I've no real fond memories of the NES/SNES/Mastersystem or Megadrive. My memories kick in around the 32/64bit era.

Yeah I remember having a SNES and playing Mario and Mario Kart etc, but nothing as vivid as being amazed by Mario 64 or Pilotwings.

So really, I've no interest in collecting for any 16bit or older consoles. I would love a massive collection of PS1, Saturn and N64 though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've no real fond memories of the NES/SNES/Mastersystem or Megadrive. My memories kick in around the 32/64bit era.

Yeah I remember having a SNES and playing Mario and Mario Kart etc, but nothing as vivid as being amazed by Mario 64 or Pilotwings.

So really, I've no interest in collecting for any 16bit or older consoles. I would love a massive collection of PS1, Saturn and N64 though.
    I never played SNES at all when I was a kid, so I don't have any particular fond memories of it. I loved my NES -- played it for the first ten or so years of playing games, the last couple of years there mixed with N64 as well.
    I never had a PSX when I was growing up, so I don't have any particular love for those games either, 'cept for a couple here and there. Really, my adorations lie with the NES -- I fucking love my NES.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never played SNES at all when I was a kid, so I don't have any particular fond memories of it. I loved my NES -- played it for the first ten or so years of playing games, the last couple of years there mixed with N64 as well.
    I never had a PSX when I was growing up, so I don't have any particular love for those games either, 'cept for a couple here and there. Really, my adorations lie with the NES -- I fucking love my NES.
    Our first PS1 came with a good handful of games (this is my earliest gaming memory by far). It came with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Destruction Derby, Tekken, Lemmings 3D and maybe another one or two. Can't quite remember.

I remember seeing the intro to Tekken 2 and being amazed at how realistic the graphics were, where Nina is twirling her hair around in her fingers. It looks absolutely atrocious now, but it was amazing in the mid 90s.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had a NES but only had 3 games, NES games were as hard to find as rocking horse shit. I only ever had Mario 3, Donkey Kong and Turtles which was terrible.

I was never fond of the NES if I'm honest. I'm too young.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Our first PS1 came with a good handful of games (this is my earliest gaming memory by far). It came with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Destruction Derby, Tekken, Lemmings 3D and maybe another one or two. Can't quite remember.

I remember seeing the intro to Tekken 2 and being amazed at how realistic the graphics were, where Nina is twirling her hair around in her fingers. It looks absolutely atrocious now, but it was amazing in the mid 90s.
    The first PSX game I ever saw was Final Fantasy VIII. I was blown away by the FMVs.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had a NES but only had 3 games, NES games were as hard to find as rocking horse shit. I only ever had Mario 3, Donkey Kong and Turtles which was terrible.

I was never fond of the NES if I'm honest. I'm too young.
    NES was the first system I ever owned. I was born in the middle of its hay-day, didn't get one until 1991, but by then you could find so many games at garage sales around the city I grew up in. My mother would check out garage sales about once a month in the summer and pick up a couple of new games for $2 each.

Lots of fun.

Thanks
    EP Points

The first PSX game I ever saw was Final Fantasy VIII. I was blown away by the FMVs.
    I remember my mam renting FFVII from the local video shop. I was so young I couldn't work out how to get off the first screen when you get off the train.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd quite like to buy a Japanese Saturn and get a nice selection of games going. That's really the one console I think I'd like to start collecting for nowadays. Maybe N64 too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I remember my mam renting FFVII from the local video shop. I was so young I couldn't work out how to get off the first screen when you get off the train.

I feel so sorry for kids these days, having to figure out games that are getting more and more complicated. Back with the NES, it was pretty simple -- move right, jump on a platform, keep moving right, beat the boss, repeat.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I'd quite like to buy a Japanese Saturn and get a nice selection games going. That's really the one console I think I'd like to start collecting for nowadays. Maybe N64 too.
    If I had the money my room would just be like a retro game shop.