Page 236 of 266 FirstFirst ... 136186226231232233234235236237238239240241246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3983

Thread: The New EmuParadise Fallout: you are reviled

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

This card has sli and I think it can be linked to another 2 cards.
    But my mb only has one slot pcmasterrace

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SLI is shit. If the GPU doesn't have exact bitrate as your CPU it will be worse. Better off getting an Nvidia GeForce.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The average person farts 14 times a day.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    The average person farts 14 times a day.
    In DL's case it's 140

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh neat. RE4 coming to game pass tomorry. I'll have to beat it for the 489761234489563489256th time!

Be fun having 4,5,6,7 all nicely in a row in the games list

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'll have a player thanx
    Any good discs?
    Lol. I do want to sell a player now that I have 4 but I'm sure shipping would be like $150 or some shit.

Yeah loads of awesome stuff.

Easier if I just share pics. I grabbed them from an early post so this is from before I sorted them. Probably hard to make some out but you get the idea.

Spoiler warning:

Edit: should be bigger if you go directly to the image page and you can zoom in that way.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 24th-July-2019 at 19:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I was kinda joking. I mean I want one but I know postage would be silly.

Japan might be a better source for a player but idk how common they are there Also, idk if using a Japanese player would be an issue for a non-Japanese speaker like myself.
    The discs are all RF yeah?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Had a quick look on ebays, yeah postage from US to here for a unit starts at about $95au ($67us) but the common cost is about $150au ($105).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I was kinda joking. I mean I want one but I know postage would be silly.

Japan might be a better source for a player but idk how common they are there Also, idk if using a Japanese player would be an issue for a non-Japanese speaker like myself.
    The discs are all RF yeah?
    They are pretty common. It was widely adopted in Japan and kept going there longer. Even eventually leading to true HD LDs of the Japanese standard of 1035i. All the players and discs involved in that are stupidly expensive plus you would need to convert the signal, just super not worth it. But anyway yeah Japanese players are common. eBay sellers are marking up the better ones. You could try your hand at YAJ.

I haven't had the inclination to ever ship a player buying or selling. Just too risky for me. Now, I've been willing to drive a ways to get things but I've ended up with 4 players and mostly for absolutely dirt cheap. Back when I only had one player I did pay essentially market value for a really nice mid 90s karaoke player (also supports cdv playback). Now it did come with like 100 karaoke discs but I have no desire to even attempt to sell those.

There would be no issue using a Japanese player though, it's not like there is really anything to set-up. Discs are in fact region free. I have Japanese, US, Hong Kong and even Singapore LDs and they all play just fine. Now, PAL is another story due to the video differences most NTSC players can't do PAL and vice versa. There are so few PAL discs anyway though. Something like 6000 when there are over 51000 NTSC LDs.

Had a quick look on ebays, yeah postage from US to here for a unit starts at about $95au ($67us) but the common cost is about $150au ($105).
    Makes sense these things weigh a bunch. Even the lighter players are probably at least 15 pounds.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fuck me there's a lot of planes flying about.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    They are pretty common. It was widely adopted in Japan and kept going there longer. Even eventually leading to true HD LDs of the Japanese standard of 1035i. All the players and discs involved in that are stupidly expensive plus you would need to convert the signal, just super not worth it. But anyway yeah Japanese players are common. eBay sellers are marking up the better ones. You could try your hand at YAJ.

I haven't had the inclination to ever ship a player buying or selling. Just too risky for me. Now, I've been willing to drive a ways to get things but I've ended up with 4 players and mostly for absolutely dirt cheap. Back when I only had one player I did pay essentially market value for a really nice mid 90s karaoke player (also supports cdv playback). Now it did come with like 100 karaoke discs but I have no desire to even attempt to sell those.

There would be no issue using a Japanese player though, it's not like there is really anything to set-up. Discs are in fact region free. I have Japanese, US, Hong Kong and even Singapore LDs and they all play just fine. Now, PAL is another story due to the video differences most NTSC players can't do PAL and vice versa. There are so few PAL discs anyway though. Something like 6000 when there are over 51000 NTSC LDs.

Makes sense these things weigh a bunch. Even the lighter players are probably at least 15 pounds.
    I can't see many Japanese sellers on ebay that have units for sales atm. Might ask my uncle next time I speak to him though (if I remember).
    Most of the units available here domestically are NTSC, but if they're in working order they usually carry a hefty price tag. Broken units are still sold anyway, but for like $30 or whatever - usually the broken units would be a laser issue as the seller states the disc spins up but won't read. Sometimes the remote will be missing from working or broken units, but from what I've seen most players have controls on the unit anyway so no remote isn't a deal breaker.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't see many Japanese sellers on ebay that have units for sales atm. Might ask my uncle next time I speak to him though (if I remember).
    Most of the units available here domestically are NTSC, but if they're in working order they usually carry a hefty price tag. Broken units are still sold anyway, but for like $30 or whatever - usually the broken units would be a laser issue as the seller states the disc spins up but won't read. Sometimes the remote will be missing from working or broken units, but from what I've seen most players have controls on the unit anyway so no remote isn't a deal breaker.
    I wouldn't want to mess with a broken player personally. There's a lot that can go wrong in them. Lots of moving parts.

What's hefty price to you? I'll break down my player purchases, all working.

CLD 2080 - $10 thrift store
    CLD-D504 - $175 this is the one that came with over 100 karaoke discs
    LD-S1 & Proscan PSLD46 - $200 and came with all those LDs I posted pictures of. This was easily the best deal as the last S1 that sold on eBay went for $450 + ship (people ask really dumb amounts for it), the Proscan is a rare player but more importantly is a late release player with all the fancy features. Then there is factoring in that there are some rare LDs in the lot like Meet Joe Black. I saw it as under $1 an LD and free players.

You do not exactly need a remote but I think you would want one eventually. Obviously you have to put the disc in so you can just hit play after you do. Some players even start the disc automatically. Every player I have and have seen has full controls in terms of what you really need on the face of the unit. Things hidden away on the remote are stuff such as being able to jump to a chapter or exact time/frame and step/multi-speed for dicking around. The most important actual thing you need a remote for is changing the audio output. This way you can access commentary tracks and switch to digital audio when needed. Most AC-3 discs do not have analog stereo as the AC-3 track is usually put on the right analog channel.