Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Credit only (Aka watch me Fail at arcade games, and talk bollocks)*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default One Credit only (Aka watch me Fail at arcade games, and talk bollocks)*

Here we go then, First episode of my new experiment. (links to other episodes under the video.)

One credit in an arcade game, and hit record.

Then fanny about in post for 3 hours.

Its something i feel is a bit different for lets play, so we shall see how well it goes down.
    Yes, i am overly British, and do Trip over my words constantly. Also bear in mind, that i have only just finished it, and its 3:15 in the morning.

Enjoy!

Episode 2 - ProGear
    Episode 3 - Arkanoid and Arkanoid Revenge of Doh Double Header
    Episode 4 - Metal Slug
    Episode 5 - 1944: The Loop Master
    Episode 6 - Bubble Bobble

Playlist Of The six episode from Season 1
    Last edited by trencej; 14th-March-2011 at 17:31.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I wish Youtube had a caption option for the brits. Almost as hard to understand as the Irish, they are.

Also, great LP.
    Last edited by Kermit Da Frog; 10th-March-2011 at 03:28.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is actually really good. I enjoyed that -- especially the amount of care you took with the actual video editting; that added a nice touch. Lots of bits of trivia which didn't trip you up too much when you were playing (which it often does for me), and very entertaining.

Only critique: the little images that you popped up (sequel covers, those little images of the characters that were removed/replaced/whatever) flashed by just a bit too quickly. By the time they came into focus, they were pretty much already gone -- maybe if they lasted just one second longer, it would be a bit easier to focus on them. But that's just me.

Thanks

nice lets play, i would really like to see you play a cave shmup or any other shmup. not sure if youre into them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    I wish Youtube had a caption option for the brits. Almost as hard to understand as the Irish, they are.

Also, great LP.
    Would you like me to put up a transcription next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post

Only critique: the little images that you popped up (sequel covers, those little images of the characters that were removed/replaced/whatever) flashed by just a bit too quickly. By the time they came into focus, they were pretty much already gone -- maybe if they lasted just one second longer, it would be a bit easier to focus on them. But that's just me.
    I Completely agree. Its hard to gauge it when editing, and i am relatively New at it. Plus i did'nt want any images to get in the way of any action. But i will bear it in mind for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by sockesocke View Post
    nice lets play, i would really like to see you play a cave shmup or any other shmup. not sure if youre into them.
    I do like Shmups, however i am terrible at them. Its a genre that i have only gotten into recently. I have recorded a Video of 1944 the loop master which i may edit next, that will be a short one though. lasted all of two minutes Also, the number i can do will be cut down, as i probably wont be doing any vertical games, as once edited into a youtube friendly format, you wont see bugger all.

Thank you for all the comments, At least i know they will be enjoyed. I got a few comments on facebook also, as i forgot that my youtube is set to automatically post to it.

I'll start on episode 2 then..........

Thanks

i see, well it was just a suggestion, i thought you would be into shmups as well since you apparently own a real arcade machine. didnt know about your editing problems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It WAS a good suggestion, don't worry about it. In fact, i am going to do a blind run on a cave shooter, just for larks. Hopefully get it done tonight. Wont have any history or titbits of info, but hopefully will work out just fine.

Oh, and theres no "apparently" about it.....

Yes, unfortunatly, thats me

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by trencej View Post
    It WAS a good suggestion, don't worry about it. In fact, i am going to do a blind run on a cave shooter, just for larks. Hopefully get it done tonight. Wont have any history or titbits of info, but hopefully will work out just fine.

Oh, and theres no "apparently" about it.....

Yes, unfortunatly, thats me
    You poor, poor man.

Still, wicked arcade cabinet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Episode 2 Right Here Right Now.

On a Suggestion by SockeSocke, A cave Shooter. Pro Gear.

Thanks

episode 2 was nice as well. good work and you did play very well considering it was your first time. guess now its someone elses turn to make a suggestion. i dont want to be the only person here who suggests stuff.

Thanks

Thought the title said "watch me Fail at arcade games, and ball blocks"

The hell is wrong with me, doctor?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shareware View Post
    Thought the title said "watch me Fail at arcade games, and ball blocks"

The hell is wrong with me, doctor?
    reading comprehension ftw lol...anyway...i know i didnt want to give any more suggestions but how about a pang or breakout game for your next episode?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To be perfectly honest with you, i think you may be the only person watching. Episode 2 has 5 views, and a know two of those were me

Oh well, i enjoy doing them. Suggestions noted.

Thanks

i cant be the only shmup fan on emuparadise right? i hope more people will watch it. is there any arcade game where youre really good at? if so that would be a nice one for your next episode.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by trencej View Post
    To be perfectly honest with you, i think you may be the only person watching. Episode 2 has 5 views, and a know two of those were me

Oh well, i enjoy doing them. Suggestions noted.
    It's worth noting that Tanthias, one of our more active LPers, has noticed that YouTube doesn't seem to count views when people watch the videos from the forum, rather than venturing over to YouTube itself.