Thread: OpenGL help anyone?

Thanks

Default OpenGL help anyone?

I looked at nehe's tutorials and i decided to just go ahead and elaborate on them... I changed them around quite a bit, but without posting the whole source code (which is ugly by the way, wasn't ment to remain like this since i was just going to convert it to another programming language later when i got it to work), i think you'll figure out what each part is, but the problem is, i can't quite manage what i'm trying to do.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Basically, i'm pretty sure my problem lies within the line that i'm trying to get the zpos for. The 180 involving ifs are for when i flip upside-down and such, so i don't have trouble with the controls reversing on me. If you want the whole source code to mess with, i'd be happy to give it to you, but remember that it's mearly a mod of the nehe tutorial 10. The idea is to get the Z based on the x *AND* the y to make a sphere movement system, rather than the tutorial's original rotate on x forming a cylender system.

Thanks

Are you using Win32 for your windowing system? Or Glut? If your source compiles send it on to me. I mightn't be able to help but I can take a look of what you've done and try find out what you are trying to do.

Thanks

Well, some of my mods to the original code went just a tad too far, so i had to start over. I'll just attatch the whole project (since it has dependancies on other files) and tell you where everthing is since a few things have been moved around. As for my window system, i'm using win32, but win32 or glut dosn't matter, as the real problem lies within the draw scene function. I managed to sort it out, actually, now the problem is to sort out the issue of what happens when i flip upside-down and the controls get messed up, which shoudln't be too difficult of a task, so incase i figure it out before you, i'll just keep the attatchment here for future referance for people who are having a similar problem.

NOTE: i only rared what i thought was required, been a long time since i've used a language like C++ so i might have missed something important thinking it was something un-neccessary, so if it dosn't compile, let me know and i'll see what i can come up with. The answer will most likely be adding an if or two to the function "DrawGLScene(GLvoid)." Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

I can't compile this because it's using Glaux to load the bitmap. Glaux is old now and not distributed with IDEs anymore. That's why I stayed away from Nehe's site actually I've just remembered. Did you find glaux somehwere or are you using and old IDE? Either way I'm not sure what the problem is or if I'm going to be much help.
    Last edited by maca; 23rd-July-2007 at 11:24.

Thanks

Old IDE. That's the problem with high level languages like C++, things become out-dated, instead of worrying about cross platform programs, you have to worry about out-dating. Oh well, once i fix the flip issue, i'll convert the code into the non-date-dependent assembly, then i'll just post the ASM file.