Thread: help with ff7 cheat

Thanks

Default help with ff7 cheat

so, i ripped my first disc of ff7 and downloaded the program "CWcheat" i know that it works fine, because i've used for another game, but when i use the USO menu cheat the game crashes, either whenever i finish a battle, or when i go to a different screen, cloud's sprite dissapears and i can't do anything, the animations are still going on, but i can't do anything, not even enter the menu, both of the times i just replaced cloud, once with sephiroth, and the second time with young cloud, does anybody know why i'm having this problem, thnx in advance for the help
    Last edited by darkriku666; 12th-July-2007 at 02:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

which cheat did you use? i've heard of similar things happening when people used gameshark/pro action replay codes on games with multiple discs. this can happen when the code effects things that are not on ever disc. for instance, having cloud's ultimate weapon at the beginning of the game. the weapon does not exsist on the first disc, so the game freezes when it tries to pull that data. anyways, if the code is something more generic, which version of FF VII do you have? there are three releases (that i know of.) i can check and see if i have the version and attempt to recreate the problem.

Thanks

oh yeah, it's on the first disc, it's a code that allows you to switch out any party members with any other party members(including sephiroth, young cloud, and Aeris) at any time from the "triangle" menu, i am currently on the very first part of the game, and the most i know about my version of the game is that it's the "greatest hits" version
    Last edited by darkriku666; 12th-July-2007 at 02:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok. if you are trying to switch to a character that is not normally on the first disc, then it will probably crash. i have a greatest hits copy of FF VII around here somewhere. i will try patching it and see what happens. otherwise, see if it works with a character that you know for sure on the first disc. if you are at the very beginning of the game, try switching a character to aeris. see if it works.

Thanks

well, all of the characters are on the first disc, one time i switched to sephiroth, and another time i switched to young cloud, they are both in the flash back on the first disc
    Last edited by darkriku666; 12th-July-2007 at 02:38.

Thanks

That isn't true, Mumei. I've had Cloud's ultimate weapon on the first disc. Use PEC, it works fine with FF7.

Thanks
    EP Points

thanks for the correction, Darkbred! interesting. i know that using a gameshark to get cloud's ultimate weapon crashes both of my real copies of FF VII. i've not tried it with PEC, but i will!

darkriku, i tried to recreate the problem with my copy of FF VII, but i can change to several characters without any problems at all. if anyone else is having this problem, post how you created your image. maybe i'm doing something wrong (or is it right since it works?)

Thanks

hmm... i guess it just me then, what program are you using to run the cheat, and are you doing it on your computer, psx, or psp, because my problem is on the psp

Thanks
    EP Points

i used cwcheat and i'm testing it on the computer. i'm using it with epsxe.

Thanks

If it's on the PSP, that could be why. Emulation hasn't advanced as much on PSP as on PC, in terms of bug fixes and the like. I'm by no means an expert though, so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mumei View Post
    which cheat did you use? i've heard of similar things happening when people used gameshark/pro action replay codes on games with multiple discs. this can happen when the code effects things that are not on ever disc. for instance, having cloud's ultimate weapon at the beginning of the game. the weapon does not exsist on the first disc, so the game freezes when it tries to pull that data. anyways, if the code is something more generic, which version of FF VII do you have? there are three releases (that i know of.) i can check and see if i have the version and attempt to recreate the problem.
    It exists.
    The entire game is on all three discs. You only have three because of the FMVs.

That's why you can load disc 1, but switch it with disc 2 or three and play fine, the FMVs would just be different.

So, it doesn't matter what you're trying to do, on any disc. It would work.

Trust me, I know Final Fantasy VII. It's my game.
    My signature is better than yours.

Thanks

so, it won't work for my psp?

Thanks

What about trying to activate the codes using EPSXE first then save your game, and export your save through your PSP?

Thanks

because it's something about the cheat, so that wouldn't work, thnx though