Thread: Loading Record of Lodoss War

Thanks

Default Loading Record of Lodoss War

Ok so i downloaded Record of Lotus War, and i'm pretty sure it's corrupt. My reasoning for saying this is because whenever it is extracted, first of all it's not a single file in .CDI format, it splits into about... 27 or so different files if i remember correctly from last night. So..... I was just going to extract from those and get, what i think, would have been the .CDI file. The 15th or 16th file was missing though, making the entire file useless. Any idea on this? Maybe i did something wrong, but i'm *pretty sure* that i'm right. Comments and suggestions are more than welcome. Also wanting to double check that the one here in the torrent section is indeed an english version. Thanks in advance! Also any help to a link with a torrent of this file that you can actually use as .CDI would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

The game is complete, or atleast it was when I upped it. It's Lodoss War

As for how to extract the image file, right click the first file and hit open with, select winrar or browse for it through the prgram list. Once winrar is running, hit the extract button and select the destination folder, it will extract. Do this everytime you find an original scene release like is this game.

EDIT, I just checked, part 16 is there too:

http://www.emuparadise.org/cgi-bin/d...gi?dc-record16
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 20th-February-2007 at 22:39.

Thanks

Default Loading Record of Lotus War

Whenever i attempt to load it, now that i've FINALLY put all of the pieces together (to the puzzle) before the title screen comes up chankest closes out. . . . . Saying that there is an error, i switch to VGA, same thing. I don't really know what the problem is, i downloaded .016 from the site, and compiled that, then extracted everything with winace, because 7-zip didn't work right with it. So i have the complete .cdi file, but now... it won't load

any ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

Record of Lodoss War

Are you mounting the image on Daemon Tools 3.49? If you're using a newer version downgrade. That may well be your problem.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's Lodoss War and Daemon Tools 3.29

I've merged your 2 threads since there's no need to use both.

See? extracting the image file wasn't that hard. Also, check the compatibility list for Chankast, the game will hang after a while..
    http://www.emu-compatibility.com/cha...odoss_war.html

Thanks
    EP Points

It's not it's Lodoss I'm sure.
    And yeah I'm a bit tired, so I dunno wtf I am talking about hehe. Cookie's right, get 3.29

Thanks
    EP Points

I know it's Record of Lodoss War, I've said it two times in this thread now and I changed the title according to it, but let's leave it here, it's not the point of this thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm could've sworn the first time you said Lodos I'm seeing things.
    Btw you could try the latest emulator: DeMuL provided speeds aren't great.. Lol ~3fps. Hehe. It's coming along nicely though.

Thanks

Yeah i've done all of that, i'm using 3.29... Maybe it's my version of Chankast? or maybe it's just not compatible. I can't read the link that cookie left because it's in french

I hope i can get this to work though. Chankast is the best out right now right?

Oh yeah also, if the game wouldn't run it wouldn't it just stay as a black screen? I'm getting an error message with this saying that chancast has performed an error, yada yada, and you have to click on don't send. :X
    Last edited by Sprung; 27th-February-2007 at 02:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a small union jack flag at the top left corner in that page I linked to change the language.
    According to it, it's supposed to hang with Chankast 0.25 alpha.

Thanks

I'll be blunt to just tell it like it is folks:

THIS GAME IS NOT EMULATED WHATSOEVER!

get a real DC console or move on with other games. That's all folks

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep. Dreamcasts are cheap. If you're in an area where it's PAL, all DC's from that region will play copies WITHOUT modification, and such.
    If you're from NTSC areas you'll need a DC that was made before Oct- 2000. To check the number on the bottom will be (1) or (2) (0's fine too).