Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS3 and Xbox 360 news (pretty good news too)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shamess
    Actually... I just think it was M$ being shite once again and rushing everything.
    nah, do you really think they would forget that when they just pressed charges against some guys for selling modded modded boxes? And why would they announce it? If it were a true blunder, they would hide it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    LOL i'm just joking with you. please don't stone me. instead we can get stoned
    I don't swing your way, dude.

I'm not gay, either. If you were hoping I swang 'that' way, too.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Mikey_ Guest

stoned as in smoke weed. not sure what you just meant

Thanks
    EP Points

I did meaned Stoned as in smoking weed.

I don't swing that way, fella.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    nah, do you really think they would forget that when they just pressed charges against some guys for selling modded modded boxes? And why would they announce it? If it were a true blunder, they would hide it.
    Eh, the part that they got majorly in trouble for was the 77 pirate games loaded onto it. A modchip is in no way illegal (in most areas) until it contains pirated code.

Thanks

This isn't going to make booting as easy as the Dreamcast, because MS still encrypted xex file. So if you try to modify the disc, it will fail the media check. PI made it seem like everything on the disc was unsigned, but seems they did not notice this. Since the xex file is encrypted I don't know how we'll boot homebrew code with it.

Could be of some help to mod-chip developers I guess though..
    Last edited by xslash; 28th-December-2005 at 04:04.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think compton is some sort fo Detention/correction Centre or a jail.

If so.

If you would believe it Compton is my surname :eyeball:

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Kiosk Demo Disc More Info

you can change the .wmv files by other ones and they'll play on the 360 (without Windows MediaCenter PC)! Example changing '/videos/pgr3.wmv' file with another wmv-hd video will allow to play your wmv-hd video by booting the disc and going to games>pgr3>play video.

As xslash said

PI's nfo file says: "datafiles on this disc isn't signed in any way". PI is right here, but many people don't understand this correctly. They mean datafiles like wmv, png, ... aren't signed. XEX/EXE files are still signed. The reason these executables run on recordable media is no 'hacking', it's simply because Microsoft set the 'mediaflag' so it can run from DVD+-R too. Nothing is changed in the XEX files on the disc, so the signatures (in XEX header) are still valid.
    * You can't use this disc to boot retail discs/games (like by placing them in the /demos/ dir) as those are set by Microsoft so you can only run them from DVDXBOX(360) media (and might have a DVD physical structure check too?).
    * Everything is playable, also the game demos (each has its own XEX/EXE file)
    * If you add/remove files on this demo disc it'll still boot (as long as you don't remove essential stuff like /default.XEX of course), so this demo disc has no integrity test of the DVD.

Here are some other interesting details from Arakon on the xboxhacker.net forums:
    * It's a simple ISO file you can read it with any ISO extractor. You can also browse the burned DVD in explorer.
    * The Live Arcade games are infact standard flash games (atleast Hexic is). You can run Hexic in a browser that has the flash plugin installed. So the default.xex in the hexic dir might not be more then a flashplayer. He tried replacing the hexic flash file with another swf file, but the Xbox crashed (black screen) on that. If working ... it could be interesting for some homebrew flash games
    * The playable demos are not accessible if the Xbox 360 launguage is set to German (it probably only works if set to english).
    * There are more videos and pictures on the disc than those accessible via the Xbox 360 interface.

News Source from http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Thanks

Damn this thread is hilarious.

Right now, the PS3 thing sounds pretty fucking dope. Looks like something to look forward to. We all know the Japanese get all the FUN games.

Even with PI's efforts, this is still a even battle, I would say. You can steal the images and music all you want, it won't help with anything. However, if they get to a point where the modified xex (is that pronounced "sex"?) files to boot up, THEN they get a point.

im nowhere, but at the same time im everywhere. I am but an enigma in this world
    Thanks

that just furthers my want for a ps3.

Thanx a lot to DSerge for this sig.