Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whis ed2k and emule so slow

Thanks

Default whis ed2k and emule so slow

i didnt know where to post this but why, it takes like 10hrs to start downloading files

Thanks

That's because it's emule and ed2k. They're like torrents. They suck. Badly.

Thanks

But hey if your patient you can find almost any file you want on emule

Thanks
    EP Points

I used Overnet (edonkey) exclusively for my Dreamcast games for almost 2 years, before finding Bit Torrent, then USENET. If you pick the files with the largest number of sources, and pay attention to the quality of the shared file (the color of the progress bar), you can get files pretty fast. Usually the people who complain about edonkey,mule,2k downloads have picked a file with 1-3 sources.

Thanks

i wonder how there xbox and ps2 selection is

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warior-dream
    didnt know where to post this but why, it takes like 10hrs to start downloading files
    The reason why it seems slow is that the eMule/ED2K network is based on a credit system, the more you upload the more you can download, you must share. Whereas with the torrent network it is turned around, you get good download speeds while you share and then once the download is finished you must upload your share to keep the good speeds.

The keys to eMule/ED2K is to always be sharring something, leave eMule running as long as possible to build your upload credit, make sure your Bandwidth limit is setup based on the 80% connection ratio (or a little less if you need more bandwidth then the 20% for browsing the web), try to use high sourced or verified downloads. You may also notice that you will only get around 20KB/s or less per file, another key is to download multiple files at a time. I recommed 3-6 files at a time ( 3 files at 10KB/s is like one file at 30KB/s). The very last thing I recommend is to stay connected to only the top 2 trusted servers, Razorback 2.0 and DonkeyServer No1. They have the largest selection of files and the largest number of sources.

With my connection, on average I am able to download around 2GB per day.

i wonder how there xbox and ps2 selection is
    I don't know about XBOX but I do know of a great eMule PS2 release team. Thier releases are very high sourced. They have all the latest and greatest games and they also have some older games that still have a good number of sources.

Thanks

Same here, Tool Punk .

My first ed2k dl was Kouldelka (or Kodelka, can't remmber.) It's a large 4-cd psx game. Even with plenty of sources (nearly 70) It took like 2 and half weeks to dl. Now, after using Emule for over 3 months, with my dl credit enhanced, I get daily 2 to 4 new cd's .

It's just a matter of being patience. While you wait for your little mule to gain dl power, try using other alternatives to enhance your collection: our mighty forum, torrents, and other sites form the net.
    Last edited by LastPucho; 23rd-December-2005 at 15:27.

My PSOne games (to update): Released games Owned games Requested games

Thanks

so im starting to understand but which one should i use i used ed2k for gamecube isos all the time, nnever tried emule though, well even though i got to admit ed2k is prolly has tle largest file slection of any p2p network after all

Thanks

I get all of my PS2 games through eMule. I would recommend eMule over ED2K since they both use the same network yet eMule is continually being worked on and improved. Also, originaly eMule was based off of the ED2K client.

Thanks

Go for Emule... I tried both of EDonkey and Emule (including some of those "hybrid" p2p programs that search through many sharing networks). So far, to my opinion, Emule is the winner, at least for large data files.

TIP: If you can, alway leave Emule client running, and add 4 to 6 dls waiting (averagee) to be dl.
    Last edited by LastPucho; 23rd-December-2005 at 16:09.

Thanks

and can somebody plz tell me what is this \q/ thing. because when i use to use shareaza and try to download of the ed2k network it, status \q/ and some number like 135. it was a queue session because i was download of off other sources, was telling me how much kb i have to have an order to dwonload off of them ?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Have you ever gone to a deli?

Where you have to take a ticket with a number on it, then wait for your number to come up?

Y'know, something like this?
    http://store.activec.com/root/takeanumber/take.asp

That's basically how a queue works--you're given a number which is your place in line. Then you wait until everyone ahead of you in line has a chance to download from that source.
    And then once they're finished, it's your turn.

Thanks

and can somebody plz tell me what is this \q/ thing. because when i use to use shareaza and try to download of the ed2k network it, status \q/ and some number like 135. it was a queue session because i was download of off other sources, was telling me how much kb i have to have an order to dwonload off of them ?
    Yes, the "Queue" number tells you what number you are in line and how many are before you. If you are at 145 then there are 144 before you. That is how many people you have to wait through before you can connect to that individual client BUT the credit system also comes into play here. If you have a good amount of credit meaning you are a regular uploader the clients can choose to Bumb you up the "Queue". This also works the other way though, if you do not share very much that would mean your credit is low, or if you have a bad internet connection giving you a low ID you may find it hard to work your way up the "Queue". So the "Queue" is actually just an estimated wait time, I don't pay any attention to it. As long as there are a good amount of sources and your uploading a good amount and you have set everything up right you should not have to worry about the "Queue".

Thanks

Yay! As we are already on the topic, do you happen to know that if I switch computers, but use the same connection, will Emule reset my dl credit?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,313 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LastPucho
    Yay! As we are already on the topic, do you happen to know that if I switch computers, but use the same connection, will Emule reset my dl credit?
    Yes you'll be back to zero, your ID isn't based on your connection.

But if you feel like trying you could just copy over the installed files from your regular eMule. The ID might be stored in one of the system files for it or something
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here