Thread: hardc0regamer goes on a psychotic rampage....news at 11

Thanks

Red face hardc0regamer is a little bit unhappy but will get over it...news at 11

That's about how I feel right now. Yesterday I received the laptop back from Gateway. Works perfectly. They replaced the screen, RAM, HDD (again), keyboard and innards. Runs nice & quiet, it might be all brand new.

I just had installed the extended-freeware trial of Alcohol 120%. Nothing else changed. Rebooted...

Then, after the BIOS/CPU/HDD/CD-DVD drives are recognized it displays the following:
    A disk read error occurred
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
    WTF !!!

Now what do I do?
    Last edited by X-EvansBasher-X; 16th-December-2005 at 11:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you leave a CD or floppy disk, or USB Storage device in the Laptop when you rebooted?
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R^K
    Did you leave a CD or floppy disk, or USB Storage device in the Laptop when you rebooted?
    Nope.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well then, sounds like sometthing has corrupted the boot record of your drive.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxhardc0rexx
    That's about how I feel right now. Yesterday I received the laptop back from Gateway. Works perfectly. They replaced the screen, RAM, HDD (again), keyboard and innards. Runs nice & quiet, it might be all brand new.

I just had installed the extended-freeware trial of Alcohol 120%. Nothing else changed. Rebooted...

Then, after the BIOS/CPU/HDD/CD-DVD drives are recognized it displays the following:

WTF !!!

Now what do I do?
    Back to Gateway it goes then...
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks
    EP Points

So.... Have we learned anything over these past few weeks, hardc0re?

Thanks

So what's the computer problem? Can that HDD be recovered? I have DiscRite v6.1 if I need it (thanks Rav. !!!!)

btw, at this point I will consider a small claims lawsuit against Best Buy as they sold me the P.O.S. and then refused to return it. by law, they are obligated to fix it for a minimum of 30 days or the manufacturer's warranty if I bring it into the original purchase location. I think that's worth a $65 court filing fee & a few hours of my time....they really need a beating. Lucky I save all my paperwork on everything. those m*****f***ers.

btw, this is what Best Buy thinks about its customers. They refer to 20% of their customers as Devils....well this devil is going to be their Satan upon Earth. I'm so furious, they're lucky I don't work for the Postal Service. GO POSTAL!!

Quote Originally Posted by R^K
    So.... Have we learned anything over these past few weeks, hardc0re?
    Last edited by X-EvansBasher-X; 16th-December-2005 at 11:54.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxhardc0rexx
    So what's the computer problem? Can that HDD be recovered? I have DiscRite v6.1 if I need it (thanks Rav. !!!!)

btw, at this point I will consider a small claims lawsuit against Best Buy as they sold me the P.O.S. and then refused to return it. by law, they are obligated to fix it for a minimum of 30 days or the manufacturer's warranty if I bring it into the original purchase location. I think that's worth a $65 court filing fee & a few hours of my time....they really need a beating. Lucky I save all my paperwork on everything. those m*****f***ers.

btw, this is what Best Buy thinks about its customers. They refer to 20% of their customers as Devils....well this devil is going to be their Satan upon Earth. I'm so furious, they're lucky I don't work for the Postal Service. GO POSTAL!!
    Sounds good if you win, you propably can get yourself more than one computer
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks

Talking

AH-HAH!
    I hooked up an external enclosure of the HDD to another PC & the data was fine!!
    *wipes sweat from head*
    /notices large puddle of yellow liquid below....

So like..i'm going to back up all my important data EVERY FRIGGIN 2 days....because this gave me a colonitis or something :eyeball:

I swear, my PCs are possessed by the Devil. Will have gateway exorcise out whatever caused the mobo to do this. They claiim to have replaced the ram and done NOTHING to the mobo. I made a mark on the bottom of the HDD before sending it, same mark there. They did replace the screen, which was nice. Also installed a new keyboard/keypad for the lappy.

So i guess i learned a lesson....don't d/l so much junk & get back to work. It pays the bills. BT does not. later~