Thread: Spyware Issue help!

Thanks

Default Spyware Issue help!

I have Microsoft Antispyware, latest beta version and Pest Patrol. I did a scan yesterday and it pest patrol found over 100 cases of spyware! Today I did a scan and it found 700 spyware cases! Can I get some help on what is a very good antispyware protection because spyware seem to keep getting back into my pc? Another thing is that most of the spyware is being found in the system volume information folder and keeps coming back. Please help.

Thanks

Well, first, get the following programs:

Spyware Doctor - This program includes a Scanning function to detect spyware, has an Immunization feature which defends against browser hijackers and all kinds of other things, like keyloggers and the like. however, to get full use of this program, you have to purchase it. You can still get all of the other features, but the program won't remove the spyware it find, but even if you don't buy it, it still has a virus definition updater, which is still enabled even if you don't buy it. If you want to have this program remove what it find, you have to buy it, or, if you're skilled enough, it gives you the directories of the "bad" folders, so you can manually remove them if you want.

Spybot: Search and Destroy - This is also another great anti-spyware program out there, and it's free.

Ad-Aware SE - This is an awesome anti-adware program, and it catches and removes things, and all of it's features are free too.

Sorry I can't provide links, but all you need to do is plug it in a search browser, and make sure you get their "home" sites, just to be safe. Also, another thing that would help, is if you use Mozilla Firefox for a browser, instead of Internet Explorer. This is exactly what I do to defend my computer, and so far, it's done a pretty good job. Also, get rid of Kazaa if you have it, actually, if you P2P anything, use Ares. It dosen't install those little programs like "Gain" and "Gator" and whatnot. So yeah, best of luck, wow, 700 cases sounds pretty hairy...

MEET JOHNNY EXTREME, HE'LL PUNCH YOUR BALLS OFF

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind...

Thanks

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

Yeah, those are really good programs you can use to get rid of all those junk. They're free to use without any trials and such.

Thanks
    EP Points

My usual combination is AVG Antivirus, then Ad-Aware, Microsoft Antispyware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Ewido Security suite. Only a few semi-spywares/virus resisted this and I've found cures to them using specific programs.
    Those spywares/virus that resisted me were CoolWebSearch and Startpage (se.dll and sp.html).

If you're infected with them just PM me i'll give you the removal tools.

Thanks

I autta install anti spyware proggy sometime.. Winmx installl anything we don't like? Or is that unevaluated by you? Azesearch is a big problem. It's not exactly the easiest adware to unintall. If you have it, email me and i'll send you the removal instructions.

my only defence:

AVG
    Adaware
    ZoneAlarm firewall (starting to have the same issues with the paid version that i did the free version and i'm not happy with this.)
    Alternative Chat Client (Trillian instead of normal aim.)

This place is even stinker than the dog's shit
    Thanks

Wow.. thanks alot for those program. I like ad-aware se too.
    "Overconfidence will be your destruction... remember that!" -Nel

This place is even stinker than the dog's shit
    Thanks

Btw polobunny. Can Ewido Security Suite able to detect many threats like ad-aware?? I mean, I know it had lots of option to scan which looks like Xoft spy but I don't like it because it can't detect as many threats like spyware stormer did.

And... I wanna dl AVG antivirus but by the time I visit the website, I realise there have 4 differents versions of it. Whats with the workstation, computer network, email servers and the servers??

Sorry if I'm asking very dumb question..
    "Overconfidence will be your destruction... remember that!" -Nel