View Poll Results: Would you like to see a programming Forum?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 86.96%
  • No

3 13.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An inquiry about a Programming Forum?

Thanks
    EP Points

How the fuck does it work. And English would be nice, ya damn french bastard

Thanks

This app you wrote... it's some sort of multi-use tool right? I see something about searching for users, shutting down/logging out Windows, and something else but I can't see what relation these features have, nor what this application is for. What the hell were you trying to do? *checks if AV software is picking up anything*

Thanks
    EP Points

Double click the executable file.
    It's useless unless you got a network with a server being a dns, with a domain and all that stuff.
    I just wanna know how the gfx looks, and how i could improve it.
    And most of it isn't finished, that what i said earlier.

Edit: You're right Soeru, small network management tool.
    What it can do? Plenty of things (not all implemented atm though)
    -Retreive list of users on a network.
    -Retreive specific information about a certain computer such as but not limited to the name of the user logged in, the mac adress and the manufacturer of the network card, ip, process running, etc etc.
    -Ability to close those process if network admin or local admin on target computer.
    -Ability to close the current session, close computer, etc etc.
    -Ability to view shared folders/files on target computer.
    -Ability to send a message to the target computer using net send.

Netx i'll put remote desktop view using the same method as Omniquad, i already got the basic coding i just need to put it in a few modules and bingo.

Edit2: Oh and later on it'll be possible to change the network adress, but don't forget i'm doing this for my VB teacher and it gotta be noob proof.
    Last edited by polobunny; 28th-April-2005 at 05:01.

Thanks

another useless app
    it's a little star field i coded in c++ as a test project for implementing a simple DIBSection wrapper of mine
    Download
    ps: u can press ESC to close it...

My Trade List (Not up-to-date)
    I'm a math teacher, so let's plus the bed, minus the clothes, divide the legs and multiply the joy

Thanks

Don't know but maybe you'll wait till the forum will be created

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micral
    another useless app
    it's a little star field i coded in c++ as a test project for implementing a simple DIBSection wrapper of mine
    Download
    ps: u can press ESC to close it...
    nice, now if you could make that into a screensaver that would be cool...

Thanks

How can that thing be 717 kB? A simple app like that starfield should only be around 20 kB. Turn that thing to fullscreen and you have a screensaver, just change the extension to .scr.

Of the talk about screensavers, I was making a fake logon screensaver. You know, the screensaver that appears when Windows is waiting for user to log in. That fake saver would then display the login dialog. User types the name and password as usual, but this program sends them to me using Internet, says to user he mistyped the password and ends execution. After the program ends, Windows goes back to the real login window.

I never finished it because I got the password I wanted without the aid of this.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

im not sure why it is that big either, i coded that one in Dev-C++ using Win32 API only... but i guess it's sth with the compiler because even a hello world console app is like 400-500 kbs... i couldve ported it to masm but the main object was to implement my mDIBSection class, a wrapper for DIBSection so i had to use c++.

I'm a math teacher, so let's plus the bed, minus the clothes, divide the legs and multiply the joy

Thanks

I say yes to the idea of a programming section. People like me who dabble would be able to hone our skills and be able to contribute more to this site, and everyone would benefit from learning from each other. I do java at uni but wanna learn c++. Nice idea cushing. Oh and micral nice programme where'd you learn your programming from? Would we be talking about how to make games or emulation software or anything to do with programming.

Thanks

As for programming, I have been rather inactive on these forums today (or yesterday my time) because I have been making the ORPG project.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix J
    I say yes to the idea of a programming section. People like me who dabble would be able to hone our skills and be able to contribute more to this site, and everyone would benefit from learning from each other. I do java at uni but wanna learn c++. Nice idea cushing. Oh and micral nice programme where'd you learn your programming from? Would we be talking about how to make games or emulation software or anything to do with programming.
    i learnt mostly from ebooks, tutorials and others' source codes on the internet...
    c++ is not very hard to learn if you already knew basic concepts of programming... but coding on the windows platform is more extensive and may need some experience though. not that it's hard, there's just a lot to learn. unless you use RAD kits like Delphi or VB with the WYSIWIG kind of development, coding windows programs from scratch with Win32 API is quite time-consuming.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well here you go

http://forums.emuparadise.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73

I will close this thread now. so please mosey on over to the "CODER'S CORNER" and have fun++ (You don't know I how bad it felt to write such a bad pun)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Cushing
    Well here you go

http://forums.emuparadise.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73

I will close this thread now. so please mosey on over to the "CODER'S CORNER" and have fun++ (You don't know I how bad it felt to write such a bad pun)
    Looks pretty #