Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foreign flicks you just can't miss

Thanks

I heard Amelie is supposed to be pretty good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Endemic
    Here is his film list.
    http://imdb.com/name/nm0297935/

IMDb.com is your friend, trust me.
    for folks into Japanese cinema check this out

Being from the UK (& adhering to youthquakes 'foreign policies') I would say watch Gus Van Sant's 'Elephant' a lot better than most of the shite coming out of the US at present, it's very different, stylish & disturbing...just the way I like 'em

Thanks

City of God is definitely one of the best movies i've ever seen, i was deeply affected by it, but it is unfair to say that american movies these days are shit, even though it's true, because it kind of takes something away from films such as mystic river, sideways and team america (funniest shit since ever).

but yeah, if you haven't seen city of god, prepare to have your eyes opened and your mind blown. the cinematography alone is worth the price of admission, and although the techniques aren't revolutionary, they are impeccably executed and serve to keep you on edge at all times. the way the plot progressed was fluid and kept the story fresh in your mind at all times. and the no name ensemble cast all deserve oscars, especially the guy who played li'l dice/li'l ze. rent it, rent it, rent it.