Thread: Can some one help with directions on changing a proc

Thanks

Default Can some one help with directions on changing a proc

they are both dell mobos and i wanna swap the proc.around can any one help me on doin this? if there are any risk i wanna no those as well thanx in advanc

Thanks
    EP Points

What are you trying to swap around?

Thanks

i am tryn to swap my celeron procer with a pentuim 4 procer

Thanks

Just find out the FSB of your mobo and see if it can take the fsb of a pentium 4. Most of this info you can get by simply asking a dell tech or looking up your computers model number and searching the online dell documents for your motherboard specs.

Or just give us your dell model number and i'm sure one of us can get back to you with that info.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

its a dell 2400

Thanks

I based this on swapping a Celeron for a Pentium 4. if this isn't right, ill post another novel on how to swap ur processors...

The Chipset on ur motherboard supports up to 533 MHz FSB, which is fast enough for a Celeron. Its simply a case of removing the side of the computer, finding the CPU, (look for the fuckoff big fan on the motherboard) removing the fan and heatsing from ther processor, and then swaping them over. lift the little tiny lever on the side of the socket to release the CPU from the socket. DO NOT FORCE THE NEW PROCESSOR INTO THE SOCKET!!! IF IT DOESN'T FIT, THEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING AROUND THE WRONG WAY!!!! YOU CAN DO IRREPAIRABLE DAMAGE TO THE PROCESSOR IF YOU FORCE IT!! DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE LEVER IS UP ALL THE WAY AND THEN YOU HAVE THE PROCESSOR THE RIGHT WAY AROUND!! sorry i had to scream that, but i can't stress that enough...once you have connected it all up again (put the fan back in, plugged it back in again, put everything the way it was beofre you went it) then turn the computer on, and hope to christ it works. Make sure you connect the fan back up to power, as processors these days can overheat very quickly...