Thread: Xenogears bug? Help plz!

genoism Guest

Default Xenogears bug? Help plz!

Hey guys,
    Im using my comp to play xenogears instead of the ps cuz i don't have a good tv. Anyhow, the cd isn't scratched, at least nothing major or anything and when i get to a certain part it just gets frozen! Im really ticked off about it. Anyhow, i thought MAYBE it has to do something with my cd, ok fine, so i go download the first xenogears cd and try it again, same thing
    Ok so now I'm thinking its either with the game, the emulator or something else....
    Im using epsxe 1.6(tried 1.5), tried using bios 1000 and 5500, tried using P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.15 AND Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.4, both played around with the settings and all but no go.
    I know its not my comp cuz i played this perfectly smooth with all the nice graphics on and everything. I've tried like ALL the graphic combinations including turning sound completely off...im using ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2. for the cdrom and P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.7 for sound(tried ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2., and Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.16).
    Anyone have a solution...or maybe can i email u the save so that you can just get me to the next part? I have a save at the nearest save point as well as the nice new way of saving whenever u want.
    ANY help would be SOOO appreciated, i've spent so much time on this already

Thanks

Which part is it exactly?

Thanks
    EP Points

Emulation Section, or maybe the Comp section.

genoism Guest

the part after fei kills everyone around him the second time and is taken to the D block. He starts having this dream with him playing ball with his mother and right after it plays this little movie version of him playing ball with his mother the screen starts to rotate around him and his younger self with the spotlight on the youngerself, and then it starts getting REALLY laggy and just stops rotating around him. I tried moving, pushing evertthing, even waiting half an hour and tried stuff after that but still no go

genoism Guest

anyone please !?

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Before the dream starts, press F7. After the dream is over, press F7 again.

genoism Guest

err ok thanks, what does that do?

genoism Guest

sigh, no go, it didn't do anything i could see...

genoism Guest

OMG I GOT IT THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO much crusher!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

No problem. It's a fix they added in ePSXe just for Xenogears. Dunno really why it happends.

Thanks

haha, i think ePSXe needs to post it in a FAQ or something. im pretty sure thats not the first time youve helped someone with the same exact problem.
    "Officer, I swear to drunk I'm not God".

Thanks
    EP Points

It's the fifth time I believe.

Thanks

Your best bet is to get a better TV, and play the game on a PlayStation. In the end, it's better that way.

Thanks
    EP Points

It feels more like how it was supposed to feel. I think RPGs are better on the TV screen for me cuz I get to lay back and relax for the long hours I will be playing.

genoism Guest

yea but i like the save anytime feature
    I never have enough time to wait for the next save point!
    Anyhow i realized the fix was sound related. What happens is that after u push f7 it continues to play the soundtrack even if its supposed to change. So during the dream the soundtrack was supposed to change but didn't and hence didn't crash !