Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this? And what's your favourite RPG?

Ziegfried Guest

Default So, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this? And what's your favourite RPG?

So. Think about RPGs you love because of their characters, storylines, settings, things like that. Anything but the "mechanical" aspects (gameplay, graphics, sound, etc), in short. Thought of some good ones? Ok. Now post them here, and tell me what's so good about them.

I'll just start. Planescape: Torment. First off, the character development is unmatched by anything I have ever seen. Really. The characters would be great even if they didn't change at all through the entire game (I mean, a nameless immortal who wants to die, a burning wizard, a philosopher/warrior/slave, and a SUCCUBUS! Am I right or what?), they *do* change, and change you. Seriously, if you go through the entire game, talk to all the PCs, and don't - at the very least - think of them as actual people, you should be shot. And if you like games that leave you thinking after you complete them... Well, PS:T leaves you thinking every 30 mins or so. In short, the characters and story of this game puts all others to shame. I honestly believe that I'll never experience anything as good as this in my entire life, no matter how old I become.
    (Shameless advertising)
    The biggest flaw of PS:T is, I think, that it's hard to find, in stores and on the internet alike. Interplay did get more copies of this game sold than the Fallout series, but that apparently doesn't mean it's anywhere near as easy to find now. In fact, you'd almost have to download it. Like, say, from an fserv, for example. On a note that may or may not be related to that, I have an fserv in the emuparadise fserv channel.
    (/Shameless advertising)

Thanks

What's the girl like you doing in a place like this thing about??

Da favorite RPG Part.

I know it isn't really an rpg but it is called one. Mario RPG is a really awesome game, in my opinion. I have always been a fan of mario games. I guess it's just all about the little short italian guy that gets me all hot and creamy. MARIO I LOVE YOU. haha. Um, I like the gameplay because it is adventury and rpgey. Thos are my two fav kinds of games. Yep, so that is about it.

I also really enjoy the Might and Magic series. Those games are so cool because they take FOREVER to beat and there is so much different things to do in them. I'd say there are thousands of items to find and so many different quests to complete. So awesome.

So yeah, I am complete.
    Last edited by plain girl; 25th-March-2004 at 22:03.

Thanks

I edited my post about that, sorry.

What's the girl part about??

Ziegfried Guest

Oh, that. That's just me trying to give the thread an interesting title. Nothing of importance, really.

Thanks

Oh, well. I am here because I like this sites stuff. And then I thought..maybe I should join the forum since I need some more forums to join since I don't belong to that many.....

Yeah.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Xenogears - The story is totally awesome. It's impossible to tell what's so good about it without giving away the whole story itself. It's a drama from the beginning till the end. But very religous people should perhaps not play it...

Thanks

Wow crusher, I didn't think that you would post about Xenogears....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah. what with his constant obsession and all...

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm... Can I smell sarcasm from the direction of Xaenn?

But really, it's the best PSX RPG ever made. Even my brother, who watched me playing, wouldn't want to miss a single bit of the story. PLAY IT NOW!

Ziegfried Guest

I have Xenogears on my comp, but I can't seem to get hooked by it properly...

Thanks
    EP Points

The first half of disc one is pretty boring actually. But after that the story really gets awesome.

Thanks
    EP Points

Whee....I'd have to agree with crusher on this one, I'm about 3/4 through disc one [Ethos revisited] and I'm totally hooked on to the story, I ignore the gameplay most of the time, just concentrating on the story, trying to figure out whats going on next

Ziegfried Guest

Well, I really feel like playing RPGs today, so I'll do the whole non-stop Xenogears playing thing after I'm done with FFVII, which, by the way, seems quite likeable so far.

Thanks

I loved Final Fantasy 8! Besides the great story, I have so much in common with the main character!

This is because Squall's personality is pretty close to mine (he was always trying to push people away and was quite quiet! So I always felt close to that character! I always seemed to know what he was gonna say next.....

Sorry, this is a lame excuse to like a game.

Above sig cortesy of Soldier

Above sig courtesy of Bad neighbor

Check out Gamerz Base.
    www.gamerzbase.cjb.net

Join in the forums too!

Ziegfried Guest

VII. 7. Not 8. VIII was good too, but I just hated Squall. Damn, is it possible to have less charisma than that guy?