Thread: FPS drop from 60fps to 15fps

Thanks

Default FPS drop from 60fps to 15fps

Hello I need some help here with one of my games. I have a decent graphics card for my computer so I know it is not due to hardware, and I have DirectX11 and I have the latest ATI Radeon drivers so I know its not a software problem. I cant play SOCOM II Navy Seals at all when I start the mission. The title screen and menus are fine and everything seems normal but as soon as I get into the game with the intro cut scene, my fps drops all the way to 15 and the girl talking on the cut scene sounds hilariously slow and retarded. The game is now unplayable and extremely laggy which makes no sense at all because I can play Kingdom Hearts totally fine and on top of that, I can play PC games like Skyrim with no problem.

I do not have any speed hacks activated, I have the frame rate limited to 60fps. I dont understand why it works for one game, and then doesn't work for another. I thought well maybe it was just that .iso file that was messed up so I downloaded a different .iso version of SOCOM and I still had the same problem. So then I decided, well lets try a completely different game, maybe it was just SOCOM. So I downloaded Conflict Desert Storm and I had the exact same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?? I do not want speed hacks enabled, I want to be able to read and understand the dialogue from the game and when you turn on your speed hacks you miss out on all the vital information about the storyline and it really sucks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Conflict Desert Storm:
    http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Confl...20549-U--30239

SOCOM II is listed as playable but doesn't have any settings info.

Spoiler warning: