Thread: Required specs to play Gauntlet Legends and Dark Legacy at full speed on MAME!

Thanks

Default Required specs to play Gauntlet Legends and Dark Legacy at full speed on MAME!

Hi, I have a PC with 8 GB of RAM, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video/Graphics Card and an Intel i7-4790K Quad Core Hyper Threaded 4.0 GHz Processor that has Turbo Boost on, to 4.4 Ghz. I've over clocked my Video Card to most stable over clock, my Ram, and I increased V Core to my CPU to like 1.3 V and over clocked all 4 cores to 4.7 Ghz, and Gauntlet Legends and Dark Legacy STILL isn't 100% full speed perfection with no hiccups. I can play most every other MAME game at full speed with no hiccups, even CarnEvil, but with Gauntlet Legends, and Dark Legacy, I can't get perfection. It's playable comfortably, and can be beaten, and is like 90% full speed or even 95% but sometimes, I get slight slowdowns with lot's of effects on screen, and sound stutter at times. No big deal but just out of curiosity, what specs would I need to play those two games at 100% perfection with no hiccups? By the way, I have D3d, triple buffering, and HLSL on which makes it look like old real legit arcade game with screen curve etc.
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    EP Points

arcade emulation can be iffy at times. regardless of how beefy your comp is. Also keep in mind some emulators also emulate the lag that comes with certain games. This can be seen most easily in nes emulation. Some emulators run full speed regardless of whats going on ingame since it takes advantage of pcs better hardware, while others bottleneck the speed to technically more accurately emulate how a nes would act under certain stresses.