Thread: Looking for MAME or other Akumajo Dracula: The Arcade ROM/Download or actual Arcade itself.

Thanks

Default Looking for MAME or other Akumajo Dracula: The Arcade ROM/Download or actual Arcade itself.

Hi all,

I'm new here of course, but not new to the gaming scene. Gaming and electronics are my life. And computing of course. I grew up playing the Castlevania games and just recently found out that there was an arcade game similar to House of the Dead but based on Castlevania.

Unfortunately, and this seems to happen a lot with great games, it was only released in Japan for the Arcade. No console or PC ports that I am aware of. There was a European version that was supposed to be released but apparently the arcade machine itself broke (somehow) before it could be displayed to whoever was going to make the decision on rather or not to bring this game to Europe.

Surely this was not the only arcade version of Akumajo Dracula: The Arcade made for play in Europe. But, if you read the reports about this, it is... As they never brought it back to Europe for release.

Whatever the case may be, I want to play this game badly. I live in a fairly small town, there are some big cities around me but they are over an hour drive and I'm not even certain I would be able to find this game to play since it didn't even make it into Europe (from my understanding).

I need some help, I need a MAME ROM for this game or some other port. I so badly wish to play it and it should be a crime that people in the US are not able to play it. I know someone in this world has ripped the game from the original Japanese arcade machine and created a ROM for it (or a port). Question is.... Where can I find it? I haven't had any luck yet...

Maybe you guys can help....

Again, the game is:
    Akumajo Dracula: The Arcade
    Link: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Ca...ia:_The_Arcade

Here is the arcade demo trailer:

If anyone knows where I can get a ROM for this game or where I can play the game or possibly buy the damn thing please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

PAinguIN
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

I'm surprised no one has any input on this game. It seems that there is no ROM available, at least from the searches I've done and what not. So does a man have to travel to Japan to play this game? If it's even still in an Arcade somewhere?

Has anyone here every played this game and if so what were your thoughts on it?

Thanks,

PAinguIN

Thanks

Well, I've tried speaking with some people in my area whom of which have worked in the gaming industry for decades. Mainly, they dealt with setting businesses up with arcade machines for their customers to play and what not. However, even these guys who have been in the business for decades have no leads or ideas as to where I may be able to find and actual arcade setup of this game. And talking to them about emulators and roms is like speaking Latin in modern day Rome. They just don't understand. So, for now, I guess my search is over.

If you guys have no idea where I could find this game (or at the very least a MAME ROM for it) then I don't know where else to look other than Japan and I do not have the financial resources to get involved in such a venture for one single game that may or may not be any good.

With that said, if anyone ever runs across one of these machines or happens to locate a downloadable ROM for this game please let me know. I would be much appreciative...

Regards,

PAinguIN

Thanks

got a spare 2900 dollars? lol

http://www.coinopexpress.com/product...cade_8668.html

seriously you won't see this on mame for a long time yet if ever!! mame really struggles with anything 3d so movie quality you haven't a chance in hell.
    could play house of the dead on sega model 2 emulator till somebody figures it out