Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neo Geo X

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by retrofiber View Post
    Hell yes I'd buy that. I paid more than that for 1 game when I owned the system in the early 90's. You kids got it too easy these days.......spoiled bastards...
    probably got RIPPED OFF DX

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Well, no, I wasn't getting ripped off in the sense that at the time that was the standard price of those games back then (if you knew your gaming history)....And now I'm ripping them off by emulating all those games anyway....And what does the DX stand for anyway...?
    Last edited by retrofiber; 19th-September-2012 at 14:22. Reason: I was mean
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

Didn't notice the $130 price tag before. I thought it was less when I searched on ebay and amazon. Must've been the older neo geos lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I went to their site again tonight to see if any new info was available, and saw a picture of Ninja Masters box art.

ninja-672x360.jpg

I assume this is just the first game to come out, I downloaded the rom off here and see how good it is. Didnt find anymore info on it, including how much itll be, but $20 if its good Ill get it. Im planning on buying the system and storing the box somewhere safe. I still have my ps2 box, but its beat up, gonna take care of this one.

I suck at fighting games. It has good characters, and cool attacks and graphics. If youre good at fighting games youll probably like this, it gives you the choice of if you want to use a weapon or not. Ill pick it up again and try it out until I lose to the old man another 10 times.
    Last edited by williamjones; 12th-October-2012 at 11:34.

Thanks

I would like this system to play through Metal Slug, but I am getting a Vita soon and then I would like a Wii-U so I don't think I will be able to get this any time soon.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah its almost a terrible time for something like this coming out with the U coming out, but a different market is focused for this system. I was thinking of it again, and Ive decided Im not going to get a U, and want this instead. Paying $200 is good motivation to master Samurai Shodown more than having it on my computer without an official stick. I think eventually Ill get a psp or vita so i can do emulation on the go or something.
    Last edited by williamjones; 13th-October-2012 at 00:07.

Thanks

I think I'll pass this, I have the Wii U to buy, and a very large amount of games to buy... once I get a job.
    REPENT! FOR I AM THE END OF TIMES!

Thanks

I'd pay 30.

Oh wait, no I wouldn't, I'd buy a DS flashcart or maybe a used PSP and mod it with the money.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I screwed up, Ninja Masters comes with the deluxe set.

test-672x360.jpg

And gunslinger boy, stop saying youd buy it for $30. thats ridiculous.

Thanks

Depends, some people genuinely would prefer emulation and piracy over the novelty of official hardware and game boxes etc.

It looks so nice though, I want it really badly but I dunno... Wii-U with new games or Neo-Geo X with sexy classic library?

7034254981_68ff1d8c19_o.jpg

neo.jpg

I'd certainly rather play the games using these than a DS or PC. I wonder if developers will start making games for it again? Would be great to see a rebirth of retro games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by
    [ATTACH=CONFIG
    35023[/ATTACH]

neo.jpg

I'd certainly rather play the games using these than a DS or PC. I wonder if developers will start making games for it again? Would be great to see a rebirth of retro games.
    Those pics make my pric hard. There's been some nice lookin genesis games made by Indie's of late...if they started doing that for the Neo Geo I'd shit myself...
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Neo Geo rules but aren't most of SNK's great games that were on it now available in either collections, re-releases, etc. on more contemporary systems? Or is that some new Neo Geo I'm unaware of. I've been out of the SNK loop since I got rid of my NGPC. I loved that handheld

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    Neo Geo rules but aren't most of SNK's great games that were on it now available in either collections, re-releases, etc. on more contemporary systems? Or is that some new Neo Geo I'm unaware of. I've been out of the SNK loop since I got rid of my NGPC. I loved that handheld
    Yea, pretty much all of the good Neo Geo games are on compilation discs or available on PSN or the Wii store. Hell, some of those were even remade with online capabilities. Besides, this thing is launching at a bad time. It has a December release date, which will be right after the Wii U launch, so I'm not so sure their timing is too good.

Thanks

I think the sort of gamer they are targeting with the Neo Geo X is probably someone who isn't really interested in current-gen games, therefore less likely to be getting a Wii-U.

Thanks

Why won't SNK make a Crystalis 2 instead?
    REPENT! FOR I AM THE END OF TIMES!