Thread: leisure suit larry collection help

Thanks

Default leisure suit larry collection help

i downloaded the collection but whenever trying to install a file it wont work. only the first game does because it has the game executable already but all the others only have install files. i can get all the way through the install but nothing happens after the exit. plus i can only choose option A for some reason all the other letter wont respond. also im trynig to create a profile through d-fend reloaded.
    any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    EP Points

First of all make sure the game has a short command path something like c:\sierra\lslc

You're going to have to go into the folder for eacj game and click on install, this won't install it anywhere but allow you choose your setup of which you really don't have to change anything except sound which I recommend you pick the soundblaster/adlib option for every game. This one seems to be the most compatible, however chances are even then a box will pop up saying unable to recognize sound or some such thing. Just hit enter (don't let the box sit there to long or the game could crash) and lo and behold the sound will still work. For lsl1vga and for the file name you want to click to start the game would be scidhuv.exe, the 2nd and 3rd ones are sierra.com, the 5th one is scidhuv.exe and the 6th is a bit different - you can pick sierra.exe for the dos version or sierraw.exe for the windowed version. REMEMBER to run install for each game to set the music and let it create it's little config for the games and you can just play them now straight from the foldesr that you unzipped.

Just curious too, what operating system are you using? Winxp and down shouldn't need dosbox and no compatibility modes for them (sierra games have always been good this way) or just use your dosbox gui.

If you want to skip those annoying questions at the beggining of 1 and 3 just press alt-x for the first game and ctrl-alt-x for the 3rd and enter the number 5 (to skip to the end) to get past them.

hope this helps a little.

Thanks

captain handy thanks alot. alot of info! i will try all of this right now hopefully im not too confused on what you said to do.
    also, i am running windows 7 32bit and yah im just using the dosbox gui for ease and convenience.
    and is there any way to get around the copy protection questions?

EDIT:got all of them working thanks again.
    only thing now is the mouse doesnt work in lsl6. works fine in the rest. and i picked the dos version
    plus still the copy protection question.
    Last edited by trebrick; 13th-September-2012 at 00:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by trebrick View Post
    captain handy thanks alot. alot of info! i will try all of this right now hopefully im not too confused on what you said to do.
    also, i am running windows 7 32bit and yah im just using the dosbox gui for ease and convenience.
    and is there any way to get around the copy protection questions?

EDIT:got all of them working thanks again.
    only thing now is the mouse doesnt work in lsl6. works fine in the rest. and i picked the dos version
    plus still the copy protection question.
    Yeah upon further testing I noticed the mouse thing in the 6th game however it seemed to work in the windowed (which has its own problems anyways) version and haven't figured out why yet. I mentioned the ones for 1 and 3 above as for the rest...

For number 5 you can delete the file named MEMORY.DRV - don't worry it's not actually a driver. This will allow you to skip pass the password part - and you can get the airline ticket codes here

As for 2 I would recommend getting this version here which skips the intro copy protection and adds the full point and click interface so you don't have to type, the rest of the game is the same.

And if you end up getting larry 7 there isn't any copy protection questions for that one so you should be ok.

You can visit Al Lowes site (great guy!) as he has troubleshooting info and such and supports his games!!! Al Lowes site
    Last edited by captain handy; 13th-September-2012 at 06:45.

Thanks

i downloaded the lsl2 version you recommended and it wont play. the intro screen comes up but when i press play the screen goes away and nothing happens
    thanks for the other advice

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by trebrick View Post
    i downloaded the lsl2 version you recommended and it wont play. the intro screen comes up but when i press play the screen goes away and nothing happens
    thanks for the other advice

hmm weird. It's supposed to be updated ofr wn7 but maybe compatibility mode for xp would be better. And clicking on setup and having a look might not hurt either but I doubt that would do anything.

I checked the download too, and it seems to be fine.