Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pack iso doesn't work?

Thanks

Default pack iso doesn't work?

so I just started trying to use this sight, but the problem is all of the PSX isos I've downloaded are in ecm format
    I downloaded pack iso, but for some reason when I hit unpack iso after right clicking on the game folder nothing happens?
    or is it my screen reader that isn't picking things up

Thanks
    EP Points

Try this:

Go to
    My Computer/C: Drive/Program Files/PakkISO
    Then drag the ecm PSX file and drop it onto unecm.exe
    It will then unpack the ISO

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Or you can go the route of ECM tools.
    Sure, it's not automated, but I can safely say it's worked 100% of the time, plus it's a drag and drop porgram that doesn't use your computer's registry.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks

problem is though either my screen reader can't drag and drop, or I can't find the command, not sure which

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by moumoku-ninja View Post
    problem is though either my screen reader can't drag and drop, or I can't find the command, not sure which
    You could try using this program instead- http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...file-with-Gemc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yup thanks, gonna try it now, I'll give a report later haha

Thanks

okay so I managed to get gemc to work with a little help, but why is it when I load up PSX its saying something about the cue file? this is MGS integral I'm trying to play btw
    thanks for th help man, I'd click thanks but for some reason it won't work and I don't have permition or something

Thanks
    EP Points

okay so I managed to get gemc to work with a little help, but why is it when I load up PSX its saying something about the cue file? this is MGS integral I'm trying to play btw
    thanks for th help man, I'd click thanks but for some reason it won't work and I don't have permition or something
    Is this your first time using a PS1 emulator? If so I would recommend using ePSXe over PSX as its generally the easiest to use, and you'll generally find more support for it. Here's a link to ePSXe with all of the extra files included; http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...ARTER_PACK/216

Now as for .cue files. When you download a PS1 game it can come in several different formats (and sometimes with more than one file per game), such as .img/.ccd, .bin/.cue, .iso, etc. Usually the .ccd & .cue files will be much smaller than the .img, .bin and .iso files (the main game files), and normally you load the .ccd or .cue files in your emulator to run the game.

If you downloaded a .bin file and it came with no .cue file, you can use a program called Liors Cue Maker to make the .cue file. You can download that program here; http://www.warezfaq.com/fleas/Lior's_Cue_Maker_2.4.zip

Let me know if you need any more clarification or help with the programs I've listed here.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

okay I downloaded EPSZ
    sorry about all the questions but what plugins should I be using? its starting me on the PSX emu cheater which I set to the GL2 driver, but its saying something about a missing render texturer
    also what are the default controls? I'd go in and check, but I'd probably mess up the keys haha
    Last edited by moumoku-ninja; 16th-September-2012 at 01:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

um, sorry about all the questions but what plugins should I be using? its starting me on the PSX emu cheater
    also what are the default controls? I'd go in and check, but I'd probably mess up the keys
    one of the reasons I liked PSX, haha install, play
    As for the plugins you should use, it depends on if you're playing a 2D game or a 3D game. For 2D games, use P.E.Op.S Soft Driver, for 3D games use either an OpenGL one or one of the Petes D3D plugins. When you go to configure them just hit the "Nice" button near the bottom if you have a fairly new computer and it should look/run fine. Note that the "PSX emulation cheater" bit you're seeing is only used if you're using the cheat program for ePSXe, and you should be able to change it to one of the plugins I've just mentioned using the dropdown menu there.

For the default controls, you can find them under "Config > Game Pad > Port 1 > Pad 1" from the top of the main window. You can also change them here if you'd like.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 16th-September-2012 at 02:05.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

yeah i could do that though, but the fact is with me using a screen reader I'd have to tab through the whole thing, which would probably set everything to tab

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah i could do that though, but the fact is with me using a screen reader I'd have to tab through the whole thing, which would probably set everything to tab
    What do you mean by "screen reader" exactly? I'm guessing you're not using an actual mouse?

Thanks

believe it or not, it means Im a blind gamer, that's why Im trying to play on an emu instead my actual console, quicksaving makes it quite a bit easier to not have to worry about taking a wrong turn

Thanks
    EP Points

believe it or not, it means Im a blind gamer, that's why Im trying to play on an emu instead my actual console, quicksaving makes it quite a bit easier to not have to worry about taking a wrong turn
    I see, that definitely makes things a bit more complicated. Here are the default keyboard controls for you;

Triangle is the D key, Circle is the X key, X is the Z key, and Square is the S key. Start is the V key and Select is C.

L1 is the W key, R1 is the R key, L2 is the E key, and R2 is the T key. The D Pad is the arrow keys.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks

thanks that actually helps quite a bit, but Im still getting those errors and don't know what's going on haha
    also bonus fact,moumoku is blind in japanese