Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hundreds Of Thousands May Lose Internet In July

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jmurjeff View Post
    One thing that bothers me about some of these hackers is they don't really do anything productive. Taking down peoples' computers for what? It does not seem that fun to me. I guess if they had a real end goal that meant something I could understand.
    They made $14 million dollars by redirecting you to ads. End goal for them sounds like getting mad stacks of cash.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    They made $14 million dollars by redirecting you to ads. End goal for them sounds like getting mad stacks of cash.
    Had to read the thread again. I guess that sounds like a good goal on their end. What did the ads do that they were needed for the infected users to connect online?

Thanks

So here is what happened:
    Some hackers set up a DNS Server, programmed some malware that changes the DNS settings to use their server. Instead to rediricting you to the site you wanted to visit they directed you to their adds. Now the FBI got them and kept the servers running like a normal DNS Server. The only difference is that instead of redirecting you to the normal green page. This DNS redirects you to one that tells you that you are still infected.

Here is what I don't understand: Why don't they redirect people using the server to the warning page for everything they type in for the last months before they shut the servers down? With that people that missed the news will get the info regardless. If they would have done this from the beginning they would have saved a lot of money.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,314 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

But then they'd have to tell the public they can change their DNS servers. That'd dissipate some of the basic power the FBI internet police have secured. So they just stalled and wasted time/money on the problem
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    i'm on a mac, this doesnt apply to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Xephyranthis View Post
    im on linux as well so all i got to say is bring it on
    lul @ osx & linux don't get viruses/have no exploits. http://www.exploit-db.com/shellcode/

On that note good browsing habits = the correct answer to avoiding infections regardless of what OS you happen to use.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

First time a virus came onto my PC, my father decided to use System Restore, thus deleting everything I had installed on that computer - Grandia II, Toribash and a lot more. And what's more, my father didn't seem to care that Age of Empires was deleted.
    As a result, I had to reinstall everything, and make restore points.
    So anti-virus programs aren't always useful enough.
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that this is fake. I haven't seen anything about this on the news. Unless I missed it. Regardless, is this really legit or not?
    Signature's are for losers.... Wait.... FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nothing ever happened.

Thanks

needs a lock here, old news and has been fixed

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    needs a lock here, old news and has been fixed
    There's too much threads that needs a lock.

Thanks
    EP Points

pointlessly necro'd