Thread: Help please :) (PSPGo related)

Thanks

Default Help please :) (PSPGo related)

I think this is in the right section, if not let me know.

I am having trouble with several things on my PSPGo:
    I cant get CWCheat to work. I put it onto to console (In SEPlugins) i add the needed things like the GAME.txt and other files like that, and enablke them in recovery menu, but it just wont work. The FW is 6.60 Pro B9 btw, i dont know if it needs to be a lower CFW or not.

Also, i am having trouble getting PSX games working. I obtained a few (off this site) converted them to eBoot format but i just get a black screen. Also got a few from other sources but the same results (I use POPStation to convert them btw) I think it could be the downloads, as i have had others that i converted that work for me, it may be a FW thing, a lower version may work better, i dont know?

And lastly, if anyone can help me to get a decent ISO or eBoot for: TOCA 2, Test Drive 6 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy that would be much appreciated

I have a few working eBoots that i could upload to this site if i could and ppl want them.
    Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

With the help of I found This. Sorry if you have already read it, but it seemed like this person also had problems after the initial installation as well.

It is not the ISO, but you are half-right with your FW theory. Install POPSLaoder, it allows you to use different versions of POPS form various FW versions. There is a guide for general installation Here and another guide with some more info and an installer Here
    EDIT: I found the old POPSLoader compatibility list Here.

ISO requests go Here. These specific requests can also go Here.

By all means, please do upload them

Welcome to EP.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 10th-July-2012 at 10:39.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jay1983 View Post
    I cant get CWCheat to work. I put it onto to console (In SEPlugins) i add the needed things like the GAME.txt and other files like that, and enablke them in recovery menu, but it just wont work.
    you do know that you have to hold select for 7 seconds in ps1 games to bring the menu up, right? I'm saying because that's the problem I had with CWCHEAT at first.

IAlso, i am having trouble getting PSX games working. I obtained a few (off this site) converted them to eBoot format but i just get a black screen. Also got a few from other sources but the same results (I use POPStation to convert them btw) I think it could be the downloads, as i have had others that i converted that work for me, it may be a FW thing, a lower version may work better, i dont know?
    Here's a link to a version of popsloader for Pro that already has all the needed files: link
    Once you install it, you have to hold R1 when you launch a PS1 game from the XMB menu, that will take you to a menu where you choose what pops version you want to load. You have to choose them one by one to find one that works with your game.

I use Icetea for converting my ps1 files, and it works great: link

I have a few working eBoots that i could upload to this site if i could and ppl want them.
    You can upload them here. Don't forget to code your links.
    Last edited by gezegond; 10th-July-2012 at 11:30.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gezegond For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks guys.
    I installed POPsloader, tried a few of the FW levels but still couldnt get my games to work

I got hold of IceTea, im just extracting my ISOs before i can try the program out. Ill let u know if that works for me or not.

Edit: Oh yeah, i did hold select for at least 7 seconds but the menu didnt appear in game for CWCheat.

So i tried the Test drive 6 ISO i had with IceTea. Still unable to get the game working, so im gonna say its a bad ISO
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 10th-July-2012 at 15:45. Reason: double posting isn't allowed, use the EDIT button, please.

Thanks
    EP Points

Do other games work? If no, then it's not a bad iso.

For popsloader, did you install the prx files? each version needs 5 or so files, which makes it more than 100 or so files in total that you either have to make separately using psardump or just download them from my link.

IceTea works exactly like other programs, do you choose your game code from the drop down menu?

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Do other games work? If no, then it's not a bad iso.

For popsloader, did you install the prx files? each version needs 5 or so files, which makes it more than 100 or so files in total that you either have to make separately using psardump or just download them from my link.

IceTea works exactly like other programs, do you choose your game code from the drop down menu?
    Yeah, i got the prx files. Must be a bad ISO.All the games i really want, are hard to find decent versions of
    I tried IceTea again with a game i got off this site, but still couldnt get it to work at all.

Thanks

I was wondering about the N64 emulator, Daedalus i think its called... is there any way to get it running at a decent speed? Or is the PSP just not quite powerful enough for it?

Thanks
    EP Points

At this point, I would recommend using the installer the at I posted earlier, and then use that in conjunction with the compatibility list. In general, you are looking for 3.41 through 3.70, as these are reported to be some of the more compatible versions of POPS.

Also, I can't find any documentation about IceTea specifically, but I do know that most programs that convert PSX games into playable eboots are based around a version of POPStation, so I don't know if you need IceTea or PSX2PSP and the like if you already know how to use that.

We like to keep things organized, so you should make a separate thread about Daedalus. But I have serious doubts it will accomplish much, I mean, SNES emulation still has problems.
    Although I have heard about some of the more popular games reaching generally playable speeds (25-35 FPS).
    In general, if the emulator does not do it for you, overclock your PSP, and see if it can be optimized to/has an optimized version that takes advantage of the extra 32 MB of RAM that the 2000+ PSP versions have.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 12th-July-2012 at 17:27.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks.
    Yeah, i used the installer u posted. Managed EVENTUALLY to get the 2 games i really wanted working.

I havnt really had a problem with SNES emulating. GBA games are a little glitchy at times tho.
    How do u overclock the PSP? Ive seen the setting that can take it to 333, can it go higher than that?

Thanks
    EP Points

I can play ridge racer 64 on Daedalus at a descent speed, but many of the more important titles (such as mario) are unplayable.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって