Thread: Cant get MAME.144 (DOS) to read the .INI file I created for some reason HELP!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Cant get MAME.144 (DOS) to read the .INI file I created for some reason HELP!

When I was using MAME.143 (DOS) I followed the insturections in the CONFIG page in the DOCS file in the MAME.143 folder to crate a .INI file so I could manipulate the configuration and how MAME ran and looked on my 42' tv. I created a text document in the MAME folder where the mame executable was and then saved it as mamecfg.ini. There was nothing on it at that time just blank. Then I opened the CMD prompt and changed directorys down the tree till I made it to where my MAME folder was c:\users\aaron\downloads.....I followed these instructions in the mame docs folder to make a mame configuration file. I had to go into CMD to dump all the current settings in MAME into this text file I made- mame -showconfig >mame.ini. It was acually "mame64 -sc >mame.ini. And it worked!! All I the current settings showedup in the .ini file I made and all I had to do was change commands "on" or "off" by changing values from 1 or 0 (for most commands anyways). I turned the "keep aspect" command off so I could get rid of the black bars on the sides of most games so the picture would fill the entire screen. It worked perfectly! verticle games look really stretched but I switch back if I play those which is not very often. K' now to my problem. I now have MAME.144 (I know there is MAME.145 but .144 works for me at the moment) I've done all the same things to create the .ini file as with mame.143 but MAME.144 wont read the .ini file I created for it I have the value set to 1/true under "readconfig" command but its not making the screen adjustments I am telling it to. I also tuned the "window" command to on/true so Mame opens up in a window and it didnt follow that command either.....Any ideas? Do I need to put the .ini file in a different spot? Its now currently in the MAME folder where where the Mame.144 .exe file is at. Thats where I put it in Mame.143 and it worked so I'm stumped......Any ideas or heilp would be greatly appreciated!!

April 9th

K' I figured it out. First I'm a dumbass LOL! 2nd- When the .ini file worked I named it "mame.ini" like Whichhunter said. When I went to do it the second time for MAME.144 I named it "mamecfg.ini" (who knows why...) which is why the executable was not reading it. I fixed it, now it works, so now I'm a happy dumbass
    Last edited by collinsman; 9th-April-2012 at 15:08.