Thread: Is there a way to get JPCSP to play PSP games i own?

Threaded View

Thanks

Yes i'm using the digital download. What would be the difference in untouched and the eboot version? (and yes its the US version btw). As for the game files, i have the file converted to CSO for the compressed format. I take the eboot file and run it through eboot2ISO and then to UMDGen and i get my .CSO that way. Mainly trying to get the PSP Games i own to work on the Emu for recording game play due to not wanting the low recording quality of CFW.

In the end its also a learning curve, i'll learn how to make (hopefully) working back up's of my own digital downloads to play on PC so if (ever and when) PSP gets junked cause vita will rule over it (in about a few more years) i won't be having to hunt down a psp!. I actually only own ONE UMD Game, all the rest i have are digital copies of their UMD Counterpart (if some of them had a UMD at all) from PSN.

I'll look for r2326 and see how that goes. I can also record my desktop and do a video to show how the step by step process is being done, maybe the eboot2iso is giving me a file i should take out? or maybe there is a patch file i should add before making it in to a CSO? (I might just do a video response O.o if that is okay, don't want to break forum rules)

I'm actually thinking there is a patch file somewhere out there on the web but nobody willing to share it yet.

As usual, i will run the tests and post my results in this post with edits.

UPDATE Found r2326 and i still get the encryption error that only a psp can only do the decryption. So i uploaded the CSO to my psp to test if they're working. 3rd Birthday and castlevania & monopoly got the error on the psp "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted". While the original versions still work fine. I have the CFW Pro B-10 for 6.60. I tried the UMD ISO Mode: Sony Np9660,Inferno,M33 driver and it made no difference.

Is it that a eboot file just can't be turned in to a ISO/CSO for some strange reason? Considering ISO/CSO are just different compression, one uncompressed and the other is. I just don't see a reason why this would effect the data read from the file. As i'm aware that most game images turned to ISO/CSO are done from the UMD its self and not a digital download version of the game. However i can say this; While psp gives me a option to "Update" my PSP games i've never done the actual update. Meaning that PSP does not give a force update nor tell you there is a update for that game, it gives you a choice to manually check. So I've ruled out any idea of maybe a game update effecting it taking part in the problem.

I'll take any further suggestions/advise or other chances of workarounds to my quest of wanting to record game play off the psp or able to get the JPCSP to play my back ups of the games i own.

I decided to check the CSO Properties and it says "Opens with: Windows Shell command" and on its Attributes. Archive is checked, would this make a difference and should i try to change them? Screenshot below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSOProperties.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	30529

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    I also ripped an image of my The 3rd Birthday (US) and it runs perfectly on revision 2326. I find it strange that even the latest version gives the "encrypted" error.
    Normally, all revision past r2000 or so is supposed to run even encrypted games "on-the-fly". I tried Dissidia 012, KH:Birth by Sleep and the imported version of FF Type-0 and they are all decrypted automatically in my case.
    How are you dumping your isos? Maybe you should download an "untouched" iso or cso on the web and try to run it.

EDIT:Ah I see, you are currently using 3rd Birthday download from the PSN and not an actual UMD, aren't you?
    Last edited by DigitalChaosSC; 31st-March-2012 at 00:34. Reason: Update WITH IDEA