Thread: When did you become an adult?

Threaded View

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think back to when I was a small boy and realize that I was much more rational, emotionally stable, and thoughtful than anybody in my family. Mom was horrible, ruled by her addictions. Uncles were a stoner and a drunk who cut a guys throat with a bottle at a party. Although these people are much older than me, had jobs, were "responsible" I had always been more adult than they were. Even having children hasn't had much of an impact on my inner self. The way I see it, you're either adult from your earliest memories or you will probably never become one. This is supported by a lot of the people I know who have reached the age of Majority, but are still immature and playful in idiotic, potentially injurious ways. Think about any bullies you knew, who liked to get in fights at school. They're probably the only people you know who still get in fist-fights.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 19th-March-2012 at 01:52.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.