Thread: Path of Radiance [PAL] freezes often

Thanks

Default Path of Radiance [PAL] freezes often

hi!

i have a small problem with fe:path of radiance. i'm playing the pal version of the game on dolphin and every now and then the game freezes so i need to quit it. unfortunately this freezing thing happens almost every 5-10 minutes so its pretty annoying. the moments when it freezes are random so its not predictable when it's going to happen.
    is this a common problem and is there a solution for it? some special configuration?

greetings,
    loran

Thanks
    EP Points

Which Dolphin version? settings? specs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Which Dolphin version? settings? specs?
    version: dolphin 3.0-151-dirty
    settings:
    -general: enable dualcore, framelimit:auto, JIT Recompiler
    -graphics: open GL, scaled EFC copy, no anti-aliasing, EFB Copies: Texture, frame buffer: virtuel, (no hooks on any more options)
    -audio: DSP HLE EMulation, activate DTK music, activate audio-throttle
    notebook: intel hd 3000, intel-i5 dual core 2*2,4GhZ, ram: 6GB

just realised that i'm using a pretty old version of dolphin. i download a new version and tell you if it works better later this day.

Thanks
    EP Points

If it doesn't, try disabling the Dual Core, and run the game with actual save.

I suggest try the official build as well, since all SVNs are made by different developer, that makes some features/options from the emulator to be removed/added.

Thanks

thx but i just played almost one and an half hour and it did freez just one time. i can live with that.
    though the game is a bit slower when there are too many units on the battlefield, maybe i try changing some settings.

Thanks
    EP Points

Since you're using notebook, the slowdown is normal, and don't change the settings too much, as it will cause more problem later on.