Thread: King of Monsters wont work ...set 1 set 2??

Thanks
    EP Points

Default King of Monsters wont work ...set 1 set 2??

Hi, just a new guy needin a little guidance. I am a huge fan of arcade king of the monsters when there used to be an arcade where I lived 15-20 years ago. Anyways, I downloaded King of the Monsters for Mame 64 emulator and there is a KOTM set 1 and KOTM set 2. I downloaded both into the roms folder in the emulator but when I click KOTM set 1 I get the "missing CHD images blah blah" message. I really want this game to work and I think I'm missing how to put the SET 1 and SET 2 together to make it operate. There are no emulator suggestions and everything I've gotten so far has worked no problem. Do I need to do something in win 7 zip? I just dont know....Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

K I've been doing some digging. I'm suspecting that something is out of date here....My mame version is .143. I see version .144 is now available. I just downloaded King of the monsters today. I have downloaded single roms from this site only. Not the gigantic rom packages and updates. So now I have new questions. As new MAME versions become available are the roms in the MAME roms section for single download updated to only work on the new MAME version? Are all my roms I downloaded and used on MAME .143 now unuseable on MAME .144? I see there are rom updates for the massive all in one rom download (8000+ games). Can I update individual roms or do I need to download the big dady rom package and then download the several updates for new versions of the MAME emulator?

K' just talkin' this out with ....myself...so far Sooooo to update to MAME .143 do I just download the new version, then copy everything in my roms folder in the old version MAME .143 into the new, THEN just download the subsequent rom update files .138-.139....139-.140 ect into the rom folder of the new version??? Again thanks for the help and patience of anyone who is willing.
    Last edited by collinsman; 23rd-December-2011 at 22:05.