Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exclusively at GameStop....Xenoblade?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    We do have to bash, it IS that bad at gamestop.

I remember one of the stories i was told, gamestop got rid of a alot games and didnt want anyone using them so they got the discs and broke um in half, luckily some stuff was still salvageable, was told this from a family member.

thats how much of assholes they are.
    I always wondered what happened to all the old games they never sell go, I hope that isn't the truth for all gamestop's though, that would be like burning your entire dvd collection because bluray came out. Some of the gamestops around me are neatly organized and have nice staff, but unless you never play the game your planning on trading in and can't sell it somewhere else, don't do tradeins. I also suggest if you're buying used to take the disc to a Play N' Trade and get cleaned because apparently every used game I buy from gs has been cleaned with a Skip DR. (20$ game cleaners that scratch games more than before they were cleaned), causing many games unplayable on my Xbox and PS2, many times I noticed after the 7 day return period for used games. Xenoblade sounds nice too, but I'll prob get it off Nintendo's website since I've been buying more online lately.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's pretty much company policy to throw stuff out. A guy I know used to manage one of the stores near me. He was ordered all the time to just throw out any strategy guides they had left for various games (I'd guess because they weren't selling, he was sent a company memo each time) but instead put them in his trunk and took them home.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unnoticedninja View Post
    I always wondered what happened to all the old games they never sell go, I hope that isn't the truth for all gamestop's though, that would be like burning your entire dvd collection because bluray came out. Some of the gamestops around me are neatly organized and have nice staff, but unless you never play the game your planning on trading in and can't sell it somewhere else, don't do tradeins. I also suggest if you're buying used to take the disc to a Play N' Trade and get cleaned because apparently every used game I buy from gs has been cleaned with a Skip DR. (20$ game cleaners that scratch games more than before they were cleaned), causing many games unplayable on my Xbox and PS2, many times I noticed after the 7 day return period for used games. Xenoblade sounds nice too, but I'll prob get it off Nintendo's website since I've been buying more online lately.
    Youl be in for a treat man, Xenoblade is one of the best titles thats come out so far, very awesome story.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I really think a lot of this depends on the specific store. As a company Gamestop is probably pretty shitty but I don't believe every single one of their stores is horrible. The two or three I've visited haven't been all that bad, at least.
    I've never had an issue at Gamestop, and they've always been one of the better stores to deal with for me. Never pushy, never troublesome, even when I asked for difficult things (like a copy of SMT: Nocturne back before the reprint, when it was still pretty tough to find locally). Even buying used, they'd pick out a good-quality copy of the game rather than throwing in whatever trash they had. I wouldn't sell a game there, but I'd buy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I've never had an issue at Gamestop, and they've always been one of the better stores to deal with for me. Never pushy, never troublesome, even when I asked for difficult things (like a copy of SMT: Nocturne back before the reprint, when it was still pretty tough to find locally). Even buying used, they'd pick out a good-quality copy of the game rather than throwing in whatever trash they had. I wouldn't sell a game there, but I'd buy.
    Pretty much the opposite experiences for me at nearly all nearby gamestops. Internet is king for difficult to find things.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    Youl be in for a treat man, Xenoblade is one of the best titles thats come out so far, very awesome story.
    God story but i didnt like the gameplay, but its strange because i usually like that sorta thing

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    God story but i didnt like the gameplay, but its strange because i usually like that sorta thing
    Because it plays like a Offline MMORPG?

at least this game has a solid plot/story/characters.

not gay shit like WOW where you just go around and do meaningless quests with no ending to the damn thing, better off playing something like Farmville if you want repetitive gameplay

Thanks
    EP Points

i hate wow.

And MMORPGa in general

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

AND
    Spoiler warning:

Is all I have to say, and to the dude that works at gamestop I'm sorry for you and wish you luck at finding a decent job.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    Is all I have to say, and to the dude that works at gamestop I'm sorry for you and wish you luck at finding a decent job.
    Because the person in question seems so miserable to be working there.

Get off your high horse, not every GameStop is Satan-incarnate.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To jump onto the story bandwagon, I have only been in a GameStop one time, in the local mall. I was looking for a copy of Maverick Hunter X for the PSP, looked through their small PSP rack and saw nothing. So I just shrugged and left.

The clerk never once looked at me, asked me if he could help or even acknowledged that I existed. Which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    To jump onto the story bandwagon, I have only been in a GameStop one time, in the local mall. I was looking for a copy of Maverick Hunter X for the PSP, looked through their small PSP rack and saw nothing. So I just shrugged and left.

The clerk never once looked at me, asked me if he could help or even acknowledged that I existed. Which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing...
    I would say a good thing, the lesser ones I've been to always have at least one guy bugging you to get a free Game Informer subscription by getting a membership.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I enjoyed the two GS stores that I regularly visited in Maine. I knew the staff, they would give me unused pre-order bonuses and penny guides and they would go look for games I wanted, even if they didn't have them at the store. I remember a few of them calling other stores to get games sent to the store. I loved those stores until both managers got replaced. The whole atmosphere of the store changed after that.

The GS stores in VT are lame; the people are apathetic, don't know what they're talking about and unwilling to help. I've pretty much stopped going to GS because of those stores.

Thanks
    EP Points

Game isn't getting a US release - complaincomplaincomplainfuckyouNoA
    Game is finally getting a US release - complaincomplaincomplainfuckyouGS

Alrighty then.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Game isn't getting a US release - complaincomplaincomplainfuckyouNoA
    Game is finally getting a US release - complaincomplaincomplainfuckyouGS

Alrighty then.
    You mean to tell me I can't have my cake and eat it too?!

Regardless of who's selling it, I'm going to buy it, because it's a good game.

I'm definitely not not going to buy it just because GS is selling it.