Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Square wants to release a Final Fantasy every year or two

Supreme Warrior Guest

glad i gave up on them after 9, now i just play from them the DS remakes of Dragon Quest (4,5 and 6) and the DS port of
    Chrono Trigger, classic gaming right there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    Square was supposed to only get better after it swallowed Enix, the main concorrency... But I'm almost out of hope already.
    It was actually the opposite: Enix swallowed Square after their first FF Movie (The Spirits Within) failed so hard and their latest FF game was released too late/didn't sold enough to make up for the losses...

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Supreme Warrior Guest

not enough Old School Enix Flair in Squares diet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

FF has to be my favorite game series of all time. However, I will admit that the last few games have been lacking.

What I miss the most is the open world aspect of the game.

You know like when you have NO IDEA where to go or what to do instead of just having to keep walking forward (see FFXIII).

I could see this going either way for them.

Either they will completely trash the series as a whole, or they will prosper once again.

Only time will tell.

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't know that... Wonder why they kept the Square-looking logo, then.

they seriously need more of other games around. More Mana games, the release of Valkyrie Profile based around Hirst... Heck, VP2 was good, but Covenant of the Plume was a complete disaster. A pretty game, but a disaster in story and gameplay.

That, and I'd also like to see more cute chocobo stuff :B

Thanks

I was the biggest FF fan ever for the longest time until they made X-2, and from that one, it's been pretty stale.FF XIII was a good step in the right direction, but it had no exploration in it, which was a staple for the series.If they want to make more FF's than ever, then I'm hoping they start getting the series back on track.I'd really hate to see such an awesome and historied series go to waste.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's cool and all, but I wish they would go back to their roots. I mean I loved XIII and all but it was entirely way too linear. I remember, for example, FFI is still a favorite of mine because of how long it took me to complete it. There were times when I had absolutely No idea what I was to do Or where to go. I wish they would bring this aspect back. Make em sandbox games. All of em.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ponury_indor View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ry-year-or-two

New era in series is coming? New Final Fantasy from main series every year (plus handheld spin offs), dlcs, etc. Quantity over quality?
    I'm fine with this, honestly. Square Enix isn't the best, but I would like to see more of the 'main' series of games come out more often.

Hopefully not like XIII every time, but even that game I enjoyed to an extent.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    It's cool and all, but I wish they would go back to their roots. I mean I loved XIII and all but it was entirely way too linear. I remember, for example, FFI is still a favorite of mine because of how long it took me to complete it. There were times when I had absolutely No idea what I was to do Or where to go. I wish they would bring this aspect back. Make em sandbox games. All of em.
    yup, thats a great idea wandering around for hours is great. just look at skyrim, fallout, gta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    The problem is is that isn't what sells. Remember when the 360 was a new thing back in 2006, and all those RPGs came out for it? Yeah, they didn't sell well. One of my favorite RPG series of all time, Star Ocean, sold horribly, so Japanese RPGs on new consoles are at a premium and are usually there to be on the library, not to sell well. And Square Enix likes money, so they just won't do that. That's why they tried to change XIII so much, because they knew the American/European markets didn't give two shits about old style RPGs.

I mean, hell, I would like to see an old fashioned Final Fantasy, some like V would be wondorful, but the modern market just wouldn't care. At all. The hardcore fans would get it (population of 500 people) and then nobody.

Thanks
    EP Points

Square wants to release a Final Fantasy every year or two
    Go ahead. As long as the games aren't shit. That's really all that needs to be said IMO.

I mean, didn't FF9 come out only a year after 8? And guess what, it's one my favorites. I think Ray pretty much said it all: multiple teams, etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Go ahead. As long as the games aren't shit. That's really all that needs to be said IMO.

I mean, didn't FF9 come out only a year after 8? And guess what, it's one my favorites. I think Ray pretty much said it all: multiple teams, etc.
    I think having multiple teams making multiple series (e.g. Kingdom Hearts) is better than having multiple teams making one series no matter how good it is.

Thanks

They have two development teams for FF8 and 9, which is why it was so close together.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know. Hence why I referenced Ray's post.

Thanks

I know. Hence why I referenced Ray's post.
    Aw man, don't I look foolish?