Thread: Pcsx2 frame rate dying when attempting netplay

Thanks

Default Pcsx2 frame rate dying when attempting netplay

I've only try this with one game, dokapon kingdom, so I'm not sure if it's simply the game or if it's an issue with the emulator itself.

I am using the base set of plugins that came with the pcsx2 download, although I did try downloading a version of megadev9 which didn't fix the issue either. I also tried two different versions of the rom. Just booting the game normally works fine. The game runs at 59-60 fps the entire way through the game. However, I tried the boot netplay option, and within a few seconds it drops from 60 fps to under 1 fps. The reason I picked up this emulator was so that a friend and I could hopefully play online since our wii versions don't allow that.

My laptop is an Asus G73JW with a quad core intel i7 q740 with a base speed of 1.73 GHZ, but it is overclocked. I've got 12 gb of ram, my video card is an nvidia geforce gtx 460m, and I'm running the 64 bit version of windows 7 home premium.

I tried looking around the forums and I wasn't able to find anying that quite addressed this, so I'm sorry if this is a repost. Has anyone else run into this issue or know of a way to fix it?

Thanks

First you'll have to tell me what your CPU is OC'd to, but even if you were midway between 2 and 3ghz PCSX2 has a hard enough time with emulation on its own offline. I think that you would need a beast computer clocked around 3.6 to above 4 ghz to play comfortably online. This is what I have gathered from extensive research on the PCSX2 forums about required system specs.

Thanks

My processor is overclocked to 2.93ghz. I was checking the resource monitor, and during offline play, it was only using about 7-9% of the cpu. When I tried online play, itstarts out at 60 fps for thefirst 5 seconds and then drops down to 1. I checked the cpu usage and during that, it went down to 2-5% usage. So I unless it isn't displaying properly, I think there is some other conflict, I will go try to find another rom and see if I get the same result.

Thanks

Seeing that your CPU is a quadcore and PCSX2 only utilizes 2 cores along with the nature of how hyperthreading works your CPU load will be waaaay below 100%. Before you go testing other ROMS and looking for other conflicts you should give some sections of this a read.
    http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Stick...uestions#S21Q3

There is also a section at the bottom of that page that describes more in depth how to play online.

Thanks

Thanks, I will give it a try

Thanks

No problem Just message me if you have any other questions.