Thread: Super Mario RPG's Deadly Equipment Menu

Thanks

Question Super Mario RPG's Deadly Equipment Menu

I've been playing an emulation of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on the zsnes emulator, and it's fantastic. Except for one deadly problem. Every time I open the equipment menu and select an item, the letters move up and down as they're supposed to for a few seconds, and then they stop. I can't do anything from this point. Buttons yield no response, yet the music and background are still running. I have to load my most recent savestate and continue without the benefit of equipment. It's not a problem now, but in later levels, I'll probably need the better equipment.

Any possible solutions to this problem?

(I'm quite new to the world of emulators, so if the answer is obvious, please don't give me hell about it. Thank you.)

Thanks

I never had problems with that game running on ZSNES, it ran 100% perfectly. But you could always try the game on SNES9X and see if it works any better for you. SNES emulators need no configuring at all, besides the keyboard/pad. If that fails then you might want to try finding another rom for the game.

Thanks

Alright, I tried running the rom on snes9x, but it runs agonizingly slow. I tried increasing the playback speed, which solved it for a few seconds, but then it ran even more slowly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlindObfuscator View Post
    Alright, I tried running the rom on snes9x, but it runs agonizingly slow. I tried increasing the playback speed, which solved it for a few seconds, but then it ran even more slowly.
    Snes9x requires emense processing power due to its accuracy at emulating games, if you link me to the game i can try and see if its the rom or your computer
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

I got the game here. I have a relatively slow computer, so that's most likely the problem.

Thanks

The rom hosted on this site works just fine for me on both ZSNES and SNES9X, both of them emulate the game perfectly. I didn't even have ZSNES or SNES9X on this computer, and they both worked with no configuration at all. Maybe you can try re-downloading the rom?

You should also post your PC specs, because that is the likely problem. Both of my 2 previous PCs run both these emulators just fine. You must have something really old. ZSNES even worked for me on an old 233MHZ pentium 2 PC with Windows 95 on it. Full speed.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 22nd-September-2011 at 20:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

i'v noticed that menu problem before too, its the reason i tend to cheat my way through the game on emulators, and i'm not sure if a slow computer is the cause.

got this laptop early this year and its got 4gb ram, and 2.20GHZ dual-core, its a inspiron 1545

Thanks

It's probably your emulator. Try ZSNES 1.43 or 1.42n (best netplay ZSNES BTW). SM RPG works perfectly on that for me.