Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonised View Post
    except the wii has the most uncomfortable controllers ever as well
    This can't be said enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unnoticedninja View Post
    Which is why you play games that allow use of the GC controller.
    why would I need to purchase something that shouldve been sold with the system in the first place and designed with the system in mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

After reading through this whole thread, it seems as if it's turned into another Wii hate fest. o-o; Please, let's stay on topic. X'D

I'm probably gonna get one, but I'm poor, so I can't afford anything right now. I also want to see what games it'll have. I pre-ordered my 3DS, so I guess that counts as buying it day one. It wasn't released that long ago, and there are some incredible games coming out for it. I'm most excited about Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Case and point: Just because Wii U has "Wii" in its name doesn't mean it is a Wii. And I might just be uninformed, but last time I checked, they didn't say anything about the Wii U not supporting Gamecube (although everyone here is speaking like they are 100% sure, so...).

It's funny, as soon as Wii U with HD was announced, everyone went from "Wii sucks, it has no graphics" to "Well, um, it's all a gimmick! and all the game publishers are stupid, and don't know how to make a Wii game without gimmicks, and they never will!"
    Has NOBODY played Super Smash Brothers Brawl!? X'D
    - Lots of cliché pictures, "cards" and quotes here -
    - Random GIF image here -
    - Custom user graphic here -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Busterthefox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never played Brawl (or any Smash Brothers games), prolly never will. And just because it has HD doesn't mean instant want, anyway. I have an HDTV, and even with watching HD channels, for the life of me I cannot see a difference between it and my still going strong after a decade CRT of baby crushing weight.

So again, the library will have to sell me, and I still haven't gotten a Wii because there's nothing I want on it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

N-NEVER PLAYED ANY SMASH BROS.!?!? Everyone, we have a gaming emergency on our hands. Rush this poor soul to the hospital!
    (Seriously though, it's a great game. You should give it a try if ever you get the chance. )

Still, as far as the Wii U itself goes, I still dunno very much about it. Seeing the possibilities of the new controller was astounding to say the least, but I'm still waiting to see how 3rd party games handle it. Also, as everyone seems to have in common, I'm worried about the price of the controller. They have a flipping SCREEN on it! Plus, there are still rumors flying around about said screen being HD...
    - Lots of cliché pictures, "cards" and quotes here -
    - Random GIF image here -
    - Custom user graphic here -

Thanks
    EP Points

only reason i want an hdtv is so i can actually play some text heavy games on this gen consol and on topic, not getting a wiiu, as i am getting put off each year that goes by. gaming will never be what it was and it will just get worse with people playing things like angry birds.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    only reason i want an hdtv is so i can actually play some text heavy games on this gen consol and on topic, not getting a wiiu, as i am getting put off each year that goes by. gaming will never be what it was and it will just get worse with people playing things like angry birds.
    You could just get a VGA cable and a monitor, it's cheaper.

Thanks

Other than a few slightly new features its gunna be the same game types and so on...yay another game of wii jack....PS4 and Xbox 720 will be the 2 with my attention. Soooo no not really lookin forward to that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Never played Brawl (or any Smash Brothers games), prolly never will. And just because it has HD doesn't mean instant want, anyway. I have an HDTV, and even with watching HD channels, for the life of me I cannot see a difference between it and my still going strong after a decade CRT of baby crushing weight.

So again, the library will have to sell me, and I still haven't gotten a Wii because there's nothing I want on it.
    Exactly. I mean sure, I may want to play a few games here or there but it doesn't justify buying the system. I'm sure I'll get one at some point, probably after the Wii U has come out and it's dirt cheap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rodabaughwf View Post
    If you say "Wii U" out loud and repeat a few times, people will think your imitating an ambulance.. Lets just hope this ambulance can save Nintendo lolz.
    With all pun intended.....that's good Lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries

They should have called it, "Wii (Hate) U", because according to Nintendo's recent track record...they pretty much do.

Thanks

I will just wait on it to get emulated, it didn't take long at all for fully functional Wii emulator get get released. Its likely Dolphin will be emulating Wii U. I honestly haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES. Wii U will be emulated long before the PS3 or 360.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 7th-September-2011 at 05:22.

Thanks
    EP Points

The wii u kinda of looks weird if this is next gen handhelds i might stray away.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks

I'm skeptical at best, worried at worst. It's innovative, sure. But it's easier to use innovation as a crutch, relying on it instead of actual fun games.
    I mean, other systems have bad games, every system does. But it seems to be more likely with Nintendo's systems, as of late.

I fear the shovelware.

Thanks

I think it looks pretty cool. Hopefully the whole tablet pad catches on.