Thread: Ds emulator is slow for me, someone help to get faster?

Thanks

Default Ds emulator is slow for me, someone help to get faster?

When ever i play the ds emulator for pokemon black or white or heartgold and soul silver, they run really slow, but when i use the no$gba emulator it runs fun, but freezes on a black screen, any one wanna help me fix this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Slow? did you use DeSmuMe? If yes, that's normal then, since DeSmuMe solely focus on game compatibility rather than speeds, and your computer specs is one of the reasons as well.
    You can try changing some options in the settings, but that will not guaranteed whether you can gain speed or not.
    - Use Soft Rasterizer, disable Edge Marking and Fog
    - Disable Advance SPU on Sound settings, and make sure to use Dual SPU. Set the Sound Interpolation to None as well.
    - Try using Frame Skip, disable Limit Framerate and Auto Minimize skipping, and change the value from 1 to 3(or above)
    - Use official release, 0.9.7, not SVN.
    - and disable the Sound completely. Sound Core -> None or Emulation -> Shut Up.
    - Lastly, upgrade your CPU.

No$gba on the other hand, focus more on speed rather than compatibility, that's why graphic issues/crash/freeze/black screen happen on certain games.
    and, for the games you mentioned, all of them have tendency to crash when you play through the game(on No$gba), and that happen randomly, that's why it more preferable playing it on DeSmuMe.
    There is no definite solution, but you can still try the full package from this thread, and see how its work out.

HG/SS will come to black screen after you input the character name, put these code into the Cheats window on No$gba, set it as Raw and Action Replay, then enable it.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. B/W has frequent crash, nothing you can do about that though, just Save often, and reboot your emulator.