Thread: Viewing all search results

Thanks

Default Viewing all search results

On the main site, there dosn't seem to be a way to view the rest of the results on the main site if your query comes up with more than 100 results. It will say something like "___ results found (showing first 100) however, there is no way to view the rest of the results that are there. There should be a way to do this. Maybe a next button?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

I'm kinda curious what you were searching on the main site to get over 100 results???

I don't think there's any need for such a next button, since either:

A) The Person could directly search for the "name" of the game (or whatever) he wants

or (in case he just wants a random game/guide)

B) Go directly to the section corresponding to the content he want (like when he wants a PSX game, go to the Sony Playstation ISOs Section, browse through it and downloads what interests him)

Same goes for the Music/Movies (both gaming related), the game guides, magazines and emulators... they have all their specific sections (and they're rather small compared to the different game ISO sections)

In Short, you just have to be more "precise" in your search term(s)... or be a bit less lazy and browse a bit in the right section (not that hard )
    Last edited by Kuro Kagami; 25th-June-2011 at 18:10.

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post
    I'm kinda curious what you were searching on the main site to get over 100 results???

I don't think there's any need for such a next button, since either:

A) The Person could directly search for the "name" of the game (or whatever) he wants

or (in case he just wants a random game/guide)

B) Go directly to the section corresponding to the content he want (like when he wants a PSX game, go to the Sony Playstation ISOs Section, browse through it and downloads what interests him)

Same goes for the Music/Movies (both gaming related), the game guides, magazines and emulators... they have all their specific sections (and they're rather small compared to the different game ISO sections)

In Short, you just have to be more "precise" in your search term(s)... or be a bit less lazy and browse a bit in the right section (not that hard )
    It was Sonic the Comic (this is actually the only site in which one can find all of the British version) However, it seems that all of the results are now shown when one looks up something on the main site.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Seems more like it lists all the matches coming close... by that I mean first the ones that have all the words you searched, next those that contain the individual words...

Just tried searching for "sonic" and "comic" and got all 223 + the preview special issues listed in the right order (expect the special which was last)... so either it was a bug and/or it has been already fixed by the staff. (could maybe be a thing with your browser?)

Here's the link from my search, it should show them all (+ some other stuff related to Sonic)... just use the first 224 links (since there's no batch link for all of them)
    http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/searc...ic&section=all

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks
    EP Points

I just set it to display all results but forgot the reply to this post. We were limiting to the first 100 results earlier.. Might as well show all of them since our limit is 1000..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post: