Thread: Was there ever a fix for the HG/SS crashing after the 3rd gym?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Was there ever a fix for the HG/SS crashing after the 3rd gym?

I believe I've already patched it with the Rudolph patch, as well as use an AR code to be able to save. Emulator used is no$gba 2.6a

Because, this game seems to be a little unstable, I've been doing the tedium of saving often and restarting the emulator to ensure the save file is updated. But everytime I save after the 3rd gym, the rom crashing seems to be more often, even crashing while I'm saving the game.

The one pokemon game I want to play(as I've never officially finished Gold all those years ago, only reach Karen before I gave up) and I've having plenty of difficulty with it. T_T

Thanks
    EP Points

What, no one can answer this?

Bounty of
    Unanswered Questions
    Making Things
    Pretty Annoying

Thanks
    EP Points

You could just use another emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

The freezes/crashes tends to be happen frequently on No$gba as you advance more into game, and mostly noticeable after the 3rd Gym, there are no permanent solution for it yet, except to switch to another emulator, such as DeSmuMe.

Before that, try playing the game with No$Zoomer, and on the Cheats window, enable the RAW option for the AR Codes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    The freezes/crashes tends to be happen frequently on No$gba as you advance more into game, and mostly noticeable after the 3rd Gym, there are no permanent solution for it yet, except to switch to another emulator, such as DeSmuMe.

Before that, try playing the game with No$Zoomer, and on the Cheats window, enable the RAW option for the AR Codes.
    In all honesty, using another emulator is the last thing I want to do. I did contemplate on using DeSmuMe just for this game, but I wanted to reconfirmed first whether it's no$gba problem or emulation problem. Does it crash less, if ever at all on DeSmuMe?

Thanks
    EP Points

It was the compatibility issues between the game and emulator, some people managed to finish it by just using No$gba with No$zoomer,
    DeSmuMe doesn't have any issues when playing the game, it just, well maybe some people prefer No$gba over DeSmuMe due to the speeds it gives, if that was the reason.

But, yeah, switching to DeSmuMe is recommended, if there are no way to fix the problem.