Thread: How do I play ROMs on a GBA SP?

Thanks

Red face How do I play ROMs on a GBA SP?

Hey Glad to be part of the community. I'm sure I will enjoy it here.

Ok, so basically, I've searched this website, and looked all over google, can't find an answer anywhere. I own a GBA SP, and I was wondering if it's possible to play games (like roms) on my GBA. I know it's possible especially with the PSP (downgrading the firmware and such) but how would I do it on a GBA? I've heard of words like "Flashing & homebrew" but don't fully understand the concept of it all. Please don't flame me. but this is my last resort.

I hope your can help me, I'm dying to know how it's done!

Thanks.
    ~Conchy

Supreme Warrior Guest

you need a GBA Flashcart, not sure where to get um but if you want DS Flashcards go to Kickgaming.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is no way to Flash your GBA SP. TOOOOTALLY different concept. None of the Gameboys have any sort of firmware and none have any type of OS.
    The only software at all to run on any Gameboy, is on the game cartridge.
    So, as Supreme Warrior said, you need a Flash Cart. I own the EMS64 cart, which supports up to 2 GB and GBC games at once, but if you want to play GBA games, you'll have to buy one specifically for GBA ROMs.

Like so: http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalo...6d8lm7h6i5tbq0

Its a lot easier than the one I have, since mine has an actual ROM chip that I have to flash my ROM to. All this has is a slot for a micro SD card just like the ones for DS.
    Thats the cheapest I can find atm, but it IS at least what you are looking for.
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 4th-May-2011 at 20:50.

Thanks

Thank you ever so much for the super quick replies Jazzmarazz, and Supreme Warrior.
    I shall be purchasing a Flash Cart ASAP. Also I'll check out your link Jazzmarazz

Thank you again!