Thread: older systems and wide-screen TV's

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Myself I feel the need to fill up the biggest possible area of the screen, unless the stretching too exaggerated. In that case I'll just keep the ratio and use the magical words "Zoom in!"

Oh and I was about to make a thread with a question quite related to the one we're discussing ITT.
    I have a PSP and a component cable set (red, blue, green and audio L&R) and a 40" HDTV that allows many video input configurations.
    I can't find a good one. The image is mediocre at best, which is a shame given that the PSP's visuals are pretty awesome and even on PC via Remotejoy they look good.

If the question bothers just tell me and I'll remove it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralPegasus View Post
    Myself I feel the need to fill up the biggest possible area of the screen, unless the stretching too exaggerated. In that case I'll just keep the ratio and use the magical words "Zoom in!"

Oh and I was about to make a thread with a question quite related to the one we're discussing ITT.
    I have a PSP and a component cable set (red, blue, green and audio L&R) and a 40" HDTV that allows many video input configurations.
    I can't find a good one. The image is mediocre at best, which is a shame given that the PSP's visuals are pretty awesome and even on PC via Remotejoy they look good.

If the question bothers just tell me and I'll remove it.
    The PSP console wasn't designed to make an image on a 40" screen look good (unless you use zoom out until the picture is a hell of a lot smaller).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I guess I should've stated it in some other way.
    I meant that the output image covers about 30% of the screen and still looks like crap.
    However, when I play PS1 games on it, the video output in the TV looks quite nice. Not perfect, but nice indeed.