Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most overrated game you've ever played?

Thanks

I have to agree when saying that RE4 isn't aging well and it was overhyped and overrated. BUT I love that game for one and only reason. It was the inspiration behind Gears of War. Oh hell yes!
    Minecraft! + Boredom!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have to agree when saying that RE4 isn't aging well and it was overhyped and overrated. BUT I love that game for one and only reason. It was the inspiration behind Gears of War. Oh hell yes!

Que?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post

Que?
    Headhunter is an awesome game .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Headhunter is an awesome game .
    I wasn't saying it was overrated, I just don't see how RE4 was either the inspiration for GoW nor the sole inspiration, since games like GoW have been around for almost 2 gens by the time GoW came out, and for quite a few years before RE4 was released.

And that's without even getting especially technical about it.

Thanks

Que?
    Sorry If I am mistaken but that's just what I heard man.
    I also got a quote from Wikipedia about gears of war stating: "In an interview with Cliff Bleszinski, lead developer for Epic Games, he cites three games that were the primary influences in the game's design including the third person perspective from Resident Evil 4 and the tactical-cover system from Kill Switch; Bleszinski also cited Bionic Commando[disambiguation needed]'s influence on the cover system, equating the actions of moving from cover to cover as similar to the action of swinging from platform to platform in the latter game."

And when I say RE4 was overrated, I never meant it was bad. It just wasn't that good as everyone made it out to be
    Last edited by Nick; 9th-March-2011 at 19:56.
    Minecraft! + Boredom!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wasn't saying it was overrated, I just don't see how RE4 was either the inspiration for GoW nor the sole inspiration, since games like GoW have been around for almost 2 gens by the time GoW came out, and for quite a few years before RE4 was released.

And that's without even getting especially technical about it.
    I was just being silly about it . Most shooters are pretty similar, people like to think their favorite is unique though.

Thanks

You know, next time someone starts a thread with 'overrated game', people should refrain from posting about how little they care about FF because it's 'overrated', it's a redundant subject, and I swear that if I started deleting posts saying: "FF7 IS SOOOOOOOO OVERRATED" or the like, we would end up with three or four posts.

Really. Not even denying the Holocaust creates that amount of arguing. You don't like FF7 and you think it's shit? Fine, you're not the first or the last one who will say that, how about some variety for a change?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    You know, next time someone starts a thread with 'overrated game', people should refrain from posting about how little they care about FF because it's 'overrated', it's a redundant subject, and I swear that if I started deleting posts saying: "FF7 IS SOOOOOOOO OVERRATED" or the like, we would end up with three or four posts.

Really. Not even denying the Holocaust creates that amount of arguing. You don't like FF7 and you think it's shit? Fine, you're not the first or the last one who will say that, how about some variety for a change?
    This.
    On topic, I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but, Castlevania SoTN, I just couldn't get into it, and the levelling up ruined it for me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, so i thought i would give another chance to final fantasy X and X-2. X is not working properly, it hangs after tidus barely survives the fall. Then tried with X-2... i knew i wouldn't be able to survive to the awful, awful, AWFUL intro, so i just muted the tv and went do something else... when i got back, i played it for a bit, got to beat the fake yuna... and fuck, I AM ABLE TO SAY, THIS IS THE GAYEST RPG I'VE EVER PLAYED. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

Quote Originally Posted by damian
    Castlevania SoTN
    you should be hung in a public square, witnessed by at least a thousand christians, and then fed to lions.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personally Call of Duty is one of the most overrated game series out there. I personally think the first 2 maybe 3 were really good, after that they were mediocre, yet alot of gamers say they are so damn good.

I would also throw in, the Final Fantasy series, Halo, Gears of War, and World of Warcraft.

Halo I like, the other 3 not so much.

You can also probably throw in the Grand Theft Auto series, although being overrated doesn't necessarily mean the game sucks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cOcO! View Post
    Ok, so i thought i would give another chance to final fantasy X and X-2. X is not working properly, it hangs after tidus barely survives the fall. Then tried with X-2... i knew i wouldn't be able to survive to the awful, awful, AWFUL intro, so i just muted the tv and went do something else... when i got back, i played it for a bit, got to beat the fake yuna... and fuck, I AM ABLE TO SAY, THIS IS THE GAYEST RPG I'VE EVER PLAYED. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

you should be hung in a public square, witnessed by at least a thousand christians, and then fed to lions.
    Huh? Fer, I've been hating on FFVII for about a decade now, I won't stop any time soon .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cOcO! View Post
    WUT!
    I resent that

Thanks

Huh? Fer, I've been hating on FFVII for about a decade now, I won't stop any time soon.
    Don't. I'm not asking you not to, but I'm sick to death when a thread like this pops up, and we have OH BOY ANOTHER FF7 ISN'T THAT GREAT GUYS or FF7 WAS MADE BY JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF argument.

Seriously, I think I have seen like 5 threads in the last year with 'overrated' on it, and it always ends up on FF bitching. It gets stale, you know? FF7 (and the whole series in general) is a love/hate game, this is already given, and if you dislike it, at least explain why. Seriously, (not referring to you, of course) I bet that many people hate on FF7 for the coolness of it, and haven't even touched the game.

And no, I'm not a FF7 fanboy.

That goes to VI. <3

I should say the same thing to you about X-2.

Because you know, DIFFERENT OPINIONS OF WHAT I LIKE.

Thanks

your whack u must play halo all the time re4 is not overrated and if u play the gamecube version uts flawless and the controls are perfect i suppose u think re5 is better too...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatZio View Post
    your whack u must play halo all the time re4 is not overrated and if u play the gamecube version uts flawless and the controls are perfect i suppose u think re5 is better too...
    No I dislike re5 more actually, It's really repetitive. and if you read the other post that I put up.

And when I say RE4 was overrated, I never meant it was bad. It just wasn't that good as everyone made it out to be
    I finished that entire game. It was good, but not as great as I had anticipated. It just wasn't, what the word I'm looking for... i don't know it wasn't really that scary. I am sorry but that's just my opinion. Anybody can disagree with it really. And Halo, being a Milestone for console shooters. Has my respect for what it has achieved. I don't really play it though, never bought it.But I once helped a bro complete it on Legendary . Anythings better with the right people.

Sorry if I offended you man.
    Last edited by Nick; 10th-March-2011 at 18:18.
    Minecraft! + Boredom!