Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Underappreciated/Overlooked Nintendo DS Games?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Can't really say for sure, as I've never finished it. It can be wonderfully atmospheric at times, but at the same time it has certain segments where you're just wandering around in a huge, dull maze. Those parts almost made me fall asleep. Bottom line, it can be both awesome and tedious. My brother's played more of it than myself, and he said similar things - pretty cool game, except for those dull parts.
    And what's great about the horribly dull parts is that they force you into an extremely bored state of mind, in which your only goal is to hurry on to the next interesting part. As a result, you let your guard down a bit. Then, the next time you carelessly investigate an item, the game says, "I HOPE YOU ENJOY HAVING THIS METAL SPIKE IN YOUR FACE. "

But I've also never finished the game. Horribly long and dull maze is horribly long and dull. Then you escape from one and your excitement at finally seeing some new scenery is killed by another maze. And despite the fact that it feels like you've been playing for years, you're only on part two of chapter one.

Thanks

Haha, alright, so if I buy it, get it cheap. Noted. Thanks guys.

Another game for the DS is 999: 9 Hours 9 Doors 9 Persons. It's a little tedious as well because it's VERY text heavy and the puzzles are infrequent and rather easy once you grasp how the game functions, but it's pretty creepy and fun when you let yourself get into the story.

Thanks

ive heard alot about 999. but i just dont have the patience for those types of games. like hotel dusk. im just not into text heavy games.
    Might and Magic was pretty awesome. dont know how overlooked it was. but it was fun for a good few weeks for me. and Retro Game Challenge. and Spiderman: Shattered dimensions. again not really overlooked. i beat it in a day and a half.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 'Mickey' Mahnken View Post
    ive heard alot about 999. but i just dont have the patience for those types of games. like hotel dusk. im just not into text heavy games.
    Might and Magic was pretty awesome. dont know how overlooked it was. but it was fun for a good few weeks for me. and Retro Game Challenge. and Spiderman: Shattered dimensions. again not really overlooked. i beat it in a day and a half.
    By might and magic you mean: Clash of Heros? Because Might and magic was originally a pc rpg. Although i do agree with you.

Oh and I`m ashamed of you all! Nobody said TWEWY! That is one of the most unappreciated games on the ds!
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

.......Yugioh Stardust Accelerator 2009

I can't believe I'm saying this. I first played it when I was going to review it, thinking it was going to be terrible, but after learning how to play, I actually started enjoying it.

Thanks

Was kind of a popular title, but Kirby's Canvas Curse was an awesome game on the DS.

Thanks

Mysterious Dungeon - Shiren the Wanderer
    Valkyrie Profile - Covenant of the Plume
    Sands of Destruction
    Kirby Super Stars Ultra

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by AltimaZeromus View Post
    Mysterious Dungeon - Shiren the Wanderer
    Valkyrie Profile - Covenant of the Plume
    Sands of Destruction
    Kirby Super Stars Ultra
    Those are already known games, try harder

Mine are Batman: brave and the bold

really easy but very fun to play

Another one is Theresia: dear emile, a criminally underrated shadowgate-type puzzler

DO NOT play it if you're claustraphobic

Thanks

Mysterious Dungeon - Shiren the Wanderer and Sands of Destruction are not well known... maybe the others.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Also, Valkyrie Profile was pretty much the most disappointing game ever made, since ever.

ARGH.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Puchi Puchi Virus, great game (though a bit easy in the first few levels), I'd definitely recommend it if you're a fan of puzzle games.

Thanks

Umihara Kawase is a really cool game, there's no real text involved, and what little I've seen has been in english, so it's playable despite being japanese. It's a remake of an snes game that was remade on the psx. Or maybe it's not really a remake since there doesn't seem to be any real difference between the 3 versions. You play as a little girl with a grappling hook type thing, you have to swing yourself around the levels and find a door. Some levels have more than one door, with the second door skipping to a higher level.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Adkins View Post
    Puchi Puchi Virus, great game (though a bit easy in the first few levels), I'd definitely recommend it if you're a fan of puzzle games.
    I thought it was fun too. Too bad I didn't play it for long once I noticed that game can be very tricky to beat later on. I wonder if it is overlooked because it's a new puzzle game . . . or the cutesy chibi character designs.

Kirby games are being overlooked? I guess if you want to attract attention, either carry a high-powered rifle with the ability to launch a man from his ass, or get a new way to play a game, like that Epic Yarn game.
    I love Cream the Rabbit! I don't care about your opinion!

Thanks

Meteos! As much as the reviewers praised it, none of my other DS-using friends cared enough to get it except for me.