Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ys Series

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ys 5 will NEVER be fully in English! NEVER! IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN! Much like their FE3 patch; it'll never happen, either! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!

Except others have done FE3, but still!

Thanks
    EP Points

What makes you say they'll never finish Ys 5?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it's been sitting there, unfinished for a while now. There hasn't been any news of it. Much like the FE3 translation, which I put on hold more than a year ago when I heard that they were doing it. The only difference is, they're not the only ones that were doing FE3, unlike Ys 5, so I pretty much just gave up hope of them finishing it and went on my merry way. The same, however, cannot be done with Ys...

Thanks
    EP Points

How long was it between when they started Tactics Ogre and finished it? Just because it's on hold doesn't mean it'll never be finished. He's got enough on his plate as it is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

By the time it is finished, we may very well see a remake and an official localization.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,313 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    How long was it between when they started Tactics Ogre and finished it? Just because it's on hold doesn't mean it'll never be finished. He's got enough on his plate as it is.
    Tactics Ogre? Nobody cared seeing as it got an officially translated port ~3 years after being created. Ys 5 is one of these games that does have people that care, yet has gone unfinished over a decade. Much like Dragon Quest 6, which is somehow getting a port translation finally next month Hopefully Ys 5 will go that route in the near future
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Tactics Ogre? Nobody cared seeing as it got an officially translated port ~3 years after being created. Ys 5 is one of these games that does have people that care, yet has gone unfinished over a decade. Much like Dragon Quest 6, which is somehow getting a port translation finally next month Hopefully Ys 5 will go that route in the near future
    Shhh.

And I could definitely see XSEED putting out a PSP version of V, seeing as how they already grabbed 1, 2, 7, and Oath in Felghana.

Thanks

Just to warn you, if I remember correctly, Ys Origins doesn't have a translation patch yet, even tough one is being worked on.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    But DQ 6 does have a nearly complete translation patch for it. Granted, it'll lock up now and again, but it's perfectly playable. I mean, I did a complete run through it and the game froze up maybe twice.

Thanks
    EP Points

Freezing/glitching is significantly more annoying when trying to play it on a real SNES without save states. I only got a few hours in and gave up...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Tactics Ogre? Nobody cared seeing as it got an officially translated port ~3 years after being created.
    I guess someone cared... http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=tactics

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, that's why Cola brought it up. But would Tactics Ogre have really taken 15 years if we didn't have a fully functional English port? Or would it have been snapped up back in the SNES emulation heydays?

Thanks

Nope it would have probably been translated long ago, I honestly can't see the benefit except for hd space but 42M vs 2.3M ain't to bad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    MMO (Takes place after Adol dies. I guess from old age, because if anything does kill Adol, it had better be God Himself, and even then Adol would likely kill God at the same time.)
    He already killed a couple gods before. But not THE God, but it would be insanely awesome if that did happen.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Every game has a seperate storyline, only with two familiar characters in each game: Adol (red-haired swordsman), and Dogi (blue0haired brute). It barely matters where you start.

As far as when each came out in the US, here it is (top being earliest):

Ys: The Ark in Napishtim (either PS2 or PSP, PS2 is better)
    Ys Seven (PSP only)
    Ys: The Oath in Falghana (PSP only)
    Ys: I & II Chronciles (PSP only, Feb)

There are some weird ones like Ys Eternal for the PC and Ys II Eternal, but I have no idea what they are.

I never really played the PC88 or PC98 versions, but I heard they're ok. Ys is a series that only really has been released in Japan, and didn't have much of a fan-base there either. Games are not connected to each other and are fairly obscure.
    Eternal is a prequel. Plot that involves killing the god(s) of the realm is always retarded.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.