Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Can I Play Backups On A Fat PS2?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SA-X View Post
    I just meant because Brightside already said it was good

My Dad's card has been fucked over two or three times now, but never over the internet. Its usually from people sticking cameras by ATMs. Asshats.

I'm thinking about investing in swap magic; seeing as how my PS2 is already in pieces, all I need is the disc. May just get a chip though, seems like less effort in the long run.

Let me know how it works for you.
    Actually we have no idea how it happened, and it never cleared, Apple called us, didn't get the bill. Not that it matters. Hopefully I can order tomorrow just to get it, I am only gonna be able to test it once I get all the stuff and I have to wait till my birthday unless I want to pay for it.

Thanks

you can make the card from an extra membership card like ralphs or vons. i made mine out of old arcade credit cards.

print it out and make it.
    Last edited by The Joker; 31st-December-2007 at 06:50.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks

From where I am buying it its only two extra dollars (minus a little if the 10 percent discount is still functional), so I am not going to make one. It seems like too much of a hassle. If I were to pay 10 bucks for it, I would make one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greendayrulestc View Post
    EDIT: Or do I have to just take it off carefully and it is just there already? Also, is there a high risk of me messing up while actually doing the trick.
    actually the only way you can really do any damage t your ps2 using the swap method is if you use a knife (i use a butter knife rather than the card i just took off the PS logo thing) and you stick it in farther than nedded then there is a chance that you might hit the laser in the ps2 and if that happens depending on how much damage you do to it then it can wreak havoc on you trying to get your ps2 to load games....or it may never load games again

Quote Originally Posted by greendayrulestc View Post
    Sweet, this is gonna be fairly cheap than I originally planned. Now I just need to find a retailer for the swap magic + card. Are any of these confirmed good within a decent amount of time? If not tell me how long they take. Also is 3.8 better than 3.6, I wouldn't use the cheat function but if there is more compatibility I might change my mind.
    swap magic 3.6 can play any import or backup ANY! the only thing you need to watch out for is PAL games....most are near impossible to play unless there is an option in the options menu to change it. so the only real reason to get swap magic 3.8 is the cheats
    Last edited by woogyh8zu2; 31st-December-2007 at 10:46.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woogyh8zu2 View Post
    actually the only way you can really do any damage t your ps2 using the swap method is if you use a knife (i use a butter knife rather than the card i just took off the PS logo thing) and you stick it in farther than nedded then there is a chance that you might hit the laser in the ps2 and if that happens depending on how much damage you do to it then it can wreak havoc on you trying to get your ps2 to load games....or it may never load games again

swap magic 3.6 can play any import or backup ANY! the only thing you need to watch out for is PAL games....most are near impossible to play unless there is an option in the options menu to change it. so the only real reason to get swap magic 3.8 is the cheats
    Would Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII have problems?

Thanks

yea it works with all of em.....the only trouble you may have is burning the backup of FFXII i tried to get it from someone who had a burned copy but it couldnt copy it to mah compy but thats alright i know it will work for all of em

Thanks

Yeah I won't probably ever rip discs just because its slower on my computer, unless my external one can do it, it should be able to, I didn't look into that.