Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ontario pot seller to be extradicted to the US to face American drug laws

Thanks

Pot sucks anyway.

I'm smoking a plant! Oh, look at me, I don't care about anything at all!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    Pot sucks anyway.

I'm smoking a plant! Oh, look at me, I don't care about anything at all!
    Better that than alcohol, which just makes people stupid and/or aggressive. Better that than tobacco, which doesn't have any benefits whatsoever.

Hell, it's better than a lot of accepted pastimes.

DeViOuS Guest

It's not a smart or proud substance, but it's not terrible if used with responsibility. Sure it's illegal, and looked down upon. But, reaserch still have to prove it has harmful effects. They think it is like tobacco substances and has cancer like products in it, and maybe cause over-time pyschosis. No one knows. Alcohol is a lot more dangerous, unhealthy, and makes you feel like shit.

To each his own.

Thanks

Actually, alchohol makes me feel pretty good. Of course, I'm not a raging drunk.

DeViOuS Guest

Well yeah, not the next day though. XD
    I don't usually get hangovers. Maybe 1/20 times. Though most people get them everytime. I can outdrink my friends and handle my liquor. I just don't prefer the feeling during and afterwards as much sometimes. Especially when you drink too much. Ack!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mydyingautumn View Post
    It's not a smart or proud substance, but it's not terrible if used with responsibility. Sure it's illegal, and looked down upon. But, reaserch still have to prove it has harmful effects. They think it is like tobacco substances and has cancer like products in it, and maybe cause over-time pyschosis. No one knows. Alcohol is a lot more dangerous, unhealthy, and makes you feel like shit.

To each his own.
    The cancer associated with marijuana use comes from smoking it (lung and throat cancers are linked to damn near any product that's smoked regularly. Burnt matter tends to be carcinogenic to some extent regardless of what it's made out of. Not enough to cause external damage, but putting it inside your lungs just isn't a good idea). If it's taken via infusion or similar methods, the correlation with cancer just isn't there.

No-ones ever managed to actually show even a basic causative link between cannabis use and mental problems either. There's correlation (mostly due to it's status as an outsider drug and it's use in self-medicating. It does help suppress certain mental problems, notably schizophrenia and the manic side of bipolar disorder. It's also used by some people for pain reduction, usually in concert with more traditional painkillers though) but nothing that suggests the active chemicals in weed are actually responsible for mental illness.

edit: not ragging on you, just giving a more thorough explanation before someone comes in and calls bullshit.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 2nd-October-2007 at 02:20.

DeViOuS Guest

Haha yeah I got you man. I did reports on weed for school, like 4. I guess I just am a little too tired to go into detail, but you're right.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    Actually, alchohol makes me feel pretty good. Of course, I'm not a raging drunk.
    Seconded.

Thanks
    EP Points

I suggest you smoke some weed and chill the fuck out for once.
    Go do your homework.
    Cannabis use has been linked to psychosis and schizophrenia, its also a mild depressant.
    In many cases, people become to paranoid to relax.

Its a very addictive drug, one of the most addictive i would dare say.

Technicaly you are right about booze being more dangerous, why? well up untill late if a car crash (which makes drinking so dangerous) was summed up to be releated to drinking, but they are finding out now, that doin drugs, has the same effect on your driving ability.

Also saying alcohol is unhealthy, is a load of shit, you are more likely to eat more stoned out your brains, namely junk food, then you would drunk.
    If you use a bong/dutchie you are increasing your risk of cancer, by mixing it with tabbaco.

Weed, isnt as safe as you are making it out to be, long term use is bad for your health.

Hypnos:
    The Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study published research showing an increased risk of psychosis for cannabis users with a certain genetic predisposition, held by 25% of the population.

DeViOuS Guest

No one knows for sure. Researchers think they got it down and then they don't. It really depends on the user, the quality, and the quanity. Yeah, again the dangerous part. IT depends on the user. Some people can drive fucked up, others can't. Taking a bennedryl and driving is considered DUI. It alters you, it's DUI. Alcohol affects judgement faster and more severe than weed does. And don't go into what you do after you smoke. Munchies, yeah, not always. I'm talking about the substance by itself, not after.

Get off your high horse.
    Last edited by mydyingautumn; 2nd-October-2007 at 02:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

No one knows for sure. Researchers think they got it down and then they don't. It really depends on the user, the quality, and the quanity.

Get off your high horse.
    Ironic, you telling me to get off my high horse have you paid any attention to any of your own posts?

And what part dont researchers "got it down"?
    All you did was not quote any of my post, and say "NO UR WRONG IM RITE, GET OFF UR HORSE"

PS: Im not on a horse, im on a chair, maybe you are trippin balls.

DeViOuS Guest

No, I'm not shoving information up people's asses saying "I'm right because, oh, this reasearcher said this so, it must be right." Shit man, don't believe everything you hear.
    And don't be a smart ass.

I was simply putting my 2 cents in, I don't know all the facts, and either do you, or will you ever. =]

Thanks

Jase, I've read that study and I was wrong in my initial claim. Turns out that there's no cause found between use of cannabis as an adult and the onset of mental illness.

The study proved potential causation for those who use marijuana during developmental years (which I admit I was wrong about). But it found no link between the two for those who began using marijuana as adults.

Also, weed isn't addictive in the medical sense. There's no physical dependance present, just the potential for a psychological association (contrast with alcohol, where there's the potential for both). Nor is internal damage a necessary effect of it the way it is with alcohol (comparing regularly getting drunk to regularly getting stoned here. Having one or two beers isn't going to damage your body, but getting drunk will damage your liver over time. Weed's only damaging to the lungs if you happen to smoke it rather than using brownies or such).

But no-one should be driving under the influence, regardless of whether it's alcohol, marijuana or any other significant mind-altering substance.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 2nd-October-2007 at 03:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

No, I'm not shoving information up people's asses saying "I'm right because, oh, this reasearcher said this so, it must be right." Shit man, don't believe everything you hear.
    And don't be a smart ass.

I was simply putting my 2 cents in, I don't know all the facts, and either do you, or will you ever. =]
    Oh right, lets see, the word of a stoned person that cant remember shit because his short term memory is fried to the shit house, or someone that paid attention in school.

Again, its ironic you say im shoving information up peoples asses, have you paid any attention to your posts?
    I make one informed post and WOAH NELLY, im shoving information up peoples asses, how many post have you made in this thread? 10? ever think it was the other way around?

Dont belive everything i hear? does this mean i shouldnt belive anything you are posting?

The simple fact is, weed has been around longer then you or me, and it has been RESEARCHED by scientists who's job it is to find out the effects of this drug.

Now i can sit here and let an arm chair scientist, tell me that everything those real scientists have found out are a load of shit, or i can go with the findings.
    I belive im goin with the latter.

I still stand by my statement that weed is a really dangerous drug.

Oh BTW, here's some more info, id be glad for you to shoot this down:
    The toxicity of cannabis is very low. No one as ever died as a direct and immediate consequence of recreational or medical use of cannabis. But it is wrong to say it is an entirely harmless substance.
    Smoking any drug is unhealthy. Cannabis is no exception. The smoke actually contains higher concentrations of carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) than tobacco smoke. Cannabis smokers generally inhale more smoke for longer depositing more than 4 times as much tar on their lungs as cigarette smokers. To balance this, however, they smoke less joints and smoke less often.

Worse is if you combine cannabis and tobacco. If you are a heavy smoker of cannabis and tobacco joints (more than 10 a day) you are signicantly increasing your risk of contracting lung disease. Recent studies show that the greatest pre-cancerous abnormalities appear in those who smoke the two drugs together. (1)

Another important factor is that most cannabis smokers stop when they reach their 30s. Long term surveys of cigarette smokers showed that those who stop before the age of 35 had only a very slightly increased risk of lung cancer. The same may apply to cannabis.
    In a recent study, between 10%-15% of people who smoked cannabis reported "paranoid" or "confused" feelings as a disadvantage of smoking cannabis. (2) And over 27% reported "anxiety" as a regular or occasional effect. Around 30% gave "negative experiences" as their reason for permanently quitting cannabis.
    Heavy cannabis users can exhibit long-lasting toxic psychosis involving delusions and hallucinations
    I could post more, but i wanna see what your reply is to that.

DeViOuS Guest

My reply is.

Wow, you have a lot of time on your hands. Believe what you want, stand by your belief, sweet. Good for you man. Since you got the time, look up the word 'loser' and post me it's definition and how it was produced into a word. But make sure it's from reasearch. Can't have any faulty info now can we.