Hello,

I was watching G4TV(god knows why) and they had this show called "Filter", where they have a top ten video game countdown depending on the topic. For best soundtrack, Xenogears wasn't on there so I though, "okay maybe the kids voting have never played Xenogears before". Then the following week they had another countdown, best story in a video game, and I thought, "oh my god. Xenogears or Xenosaga atleast has to be on the countdown." And to my surprise neither were on there. There were a great deal of popular games on the countdown that didn't deserve to even be on the countdown. Titles such as the original Final Fantasy(did that game even had a story?). On that countdown, FF7 Zelda : OoT occupied the top and second spots respectively.

The following week they had another countdown, "best RPG". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Xenogears should atleast occupy one of the top five spots. But the kids/games(casual I suppose) are the ones voting so I didn't expect Xenosaga or Xenogears to even be mentioned. I expect a final fantasy game to take the top spot even though I think it doesn't really deserve it. And to my surprise Xenosaga was number 8(if a bunch of dumb gamers are voting then this would surprise you aswell). It was labelled, "Xenosaga series", so I'd imagine they included Xenogears on there.

My concern is that there are a great number of people who are now familiarizing themselves with Xenosaga and they might think it's the best Monolithe could deliver. Of course that is not true because with financial backing from SquareSoft(before the monolithe company was establish) that same team was able to produce the greatest RPG in the history of video games(IMO), Xenogears. I visited wikipedia and as I read their entry on Xenogears I got an eery feeling all over my body as if I had goosebumps. The game its just godlike, its powerful, it has inspired me to become a game developer.

Anyways my question is that since that same team has their own company now how come after two games they're not able to produce a powerful game like Xenogears?