So I recently got back into the habit of downloading and copying PS2 games again, even though I myself still don't have one yet and still use my cousin's modded one. That's no big deal, since I do plan to get one soon (the slim PSTwo that is)

My problem is that I've been DVD Decrypter to create ISOs and burn them in that program only at 1x/2x (using a FUJIFILM DVD-R 8X as my media to write it on). The thing is, it won't let me for some reason. It either: freezes or gives me the BSOD. Ok, so then I try Alcohol 120%. Alas, it doesn't allow me to burn any DVD any less than 4X. Fine, I do just that with ACE COMBAT 4. The game loads up just fine on my cousin's PS2, and we even play a versus game against each other. But when trying to play the single player mission mode, the game freezes. Just great.

Now, I don't really mind if I can't burn the ISOs at any lower speed than 4X, but what does that mean for me? Can I still play my burnt games on my slim PSTwo? Do these new fangled models have a better disc reader than the older models?

Any help would be apprechiated, thanks.